HL: Minerva

SoulAssassin

Diamond Member
Feb 1, 2001
Just wondering if anyone else is playing this. The first two episodes were awesome and now the final one has been released. Best SP mod I've ever played...it really feels like it could be an expansion pack similar to HL1: OpFor.

Check it: http://www.hylobatidae.org/minerva/

Canai

Diamond Member
Oct 4, 2006
Hmm I played through the first section, but not any of the other ones. I'll have to dl this when I get home.

coloumb

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: SoulAssassin
Just wondering if anyone else is playing this. The first two episodes were awesome and now the final one has been released. Best SP mod I've ever played...it really feels like it could be an expansion pack similar to HL1: OpFor.

Check it: http://www.hylobatidae.org/minerva/

It's good..but not good enough to be an expansion pack. It's definitely is a great expansion pack that everyone should try though... :)

BTW - was the AI pathing as bad in HL2 as it is in this expansion pack? A lot of times the guards would just blindly run up with guns blazing or just auto crouch/stand - the combat felt really lacking... :(

kef7

Diamond Member
May 11, 2001
I finished FEAR extraction Point yesterday and then donwloaded and completed Minerva.

IMHO I enjoyed Minerva moreso than Extraction Point; not bad considering it was free.

BTW - was the AI pathing as bad in HL2 as it is in this expansion pack? A lot of times the guards would just blindly run up with guns blazing or just auto crouch/stand - the combat felt really lacking...

I think the AI was better in the original game.

In Minerva the combine guard AI was so brain dead (tended to be in interior levels) that they had a tendency to run at you guns blazing and then run past you and work its way through the level again only to run past you with guns blazing again and again.

Despite the AI issue it is definitely worth the download.

Ryland

Platinum Member
Aug 9, 2001
I will have to reinstall Minerva again. I played the first 2 segments but not the 3rd. Am I the only one who's graphics got wonky when playing Minerva in that the ammo count was unreadable?

SoulAssassin

Diamond Member
Feb 1, 2001
Originally posted by: Ryland
I will have to reinstall Minerva again. I played the first 2 segments but not the 3rd. Am I the only one who's graphics got wonky when playing Minerva in that the ammo count was unreadable?

no issues here