Rezident

Nov 30, 2009
Anyone else playing this? People were complaining that it was episodic but it's actually great fun. Massive replayability too, I'm replaying the tutorials even.

There are so many ways to complete missions, having fun with the 'accidents' now.

Skel

Diamond Member
Apr 11, 2001
I've been playing it. I'm a big fan of the franchise. I do think the episodic idea isn't good. I'd rather have more to do if I choose than not have it. At times I want to do something different.

Martimus

Diamond Member
Apr 24, 2007
Anyone else playing this? People were complaining that it was episodic but it's actually great fun. Massive replayability too, I'm replaying the tutorials even.

There are so many ways to complete missions, having fun with the 'accidents' now.
I have avoided it because of the low initial price, from a publisher that over prices everything, made me worry about the quality. If it is indeed episodic, then I could see why the price is low. The early games were broken up into short stand alone levels, so the game would translate well to episodic gameplay. Maybe I will pick it up afterall.

BSim500

Golden Member
Jun 5, 2013
Anyone else playing this? People were complaining that it was episodic but it's actually great fun.
Most complaints seem to be more about the cr*ppy always-on connection required in a single player game thing, along with bugs, DX12 crashes, poor AI, etc. I don't own it, but apparently if there's so much as a slight glitch in connection you'll get booted out of the game without it saving. Saves are online only. And Offline Mode = you can't earn XP, no points/mission ratings, unable to complete challenges, no access to unlocked weapons, gear, starting locations, extra costumes, etc. :thumbsdown: Steam has it only at "Mixed" recommendation with everyone slamming it's aggressive booting you out of the game at the slightest net glitch (which is often at their end). And whilst Metacritic is often overly negative, when it comes to a whopping 47% score disparity (77% 'professional critic' vs 30% user), there's usually some valid reason for such a gap underneath the 10/10 shill vs 0/10 troll voting...

I don't own the game, but if half the stuff I've read is true then quite frankly it deserves to flop badly regardless of how fun it might be when you are occasionally "permitted" to play it, with DRM that makes even the dark age of SecuRom + GFWL look good.

Edit: At time of writing 1,998 out of 4,235 Steam review are negative. Doesn't look very good at all... D:

Last edited:

sxr7171

Diamond Member
Jun 21, 2002
I played it. It has very weird DX12 performance issues. DX11 works much better. Can't troubleshoot anything as DX12 doesn't allow any overlays.

The game is pretty good. Definitely better than the tutorial. I've personally never been disconnected, but I don't like the idea that it must always be online. That sounds like poor game design to me.

I'd like to hear any other impressions and if anyone is getting decent performance from DX12.

Rezident

Nov 30, 2009
Yes I hate the idea of always-online DRM but I have only been kicked offline once since launch at that was right at the start. It has not happened since, thankfully.

The game itself is absolutely brilliant. Tremendous fun, and there are so many ways to complete the mission. I love the creativity.