Hitman: Absolution crashes

Jan 13, 2008
Any ideas what to make of this and how to fix it?

hitman.jpg

Running on 13.1 Catalyst.

Last edited:

Rikard

Apr 25, 2012
If I remember correctly you had very noticeable artifacts at stock OC in Heaven, and you tried Hitman since I said it is more similar to your actual gaming performance, right? And you said you had no issues in Hitman, and I think you said your temps were fine? What changed since then? Are you still on stock OC, did you switch drivers, or is this just occurring after a longer period of running Hitman?

If that is the case, and there are no better suggestions, I am sorry to say but I think that card need to be RMA'ed. You definitely should not have that bad artifacts in Heaven at stock, and if Hitman crashes you do have a problem.

BrightCandle

Diamond Member
Mar 15, 2007
Device removed does suggest the card just kind of died, stopped talking to DX. Try reseating it in the slot, blow out any dust if there was any as you do it. If that doesn't work RMA, the card is most likely faulty.

Jan 13, 2008
Ok. The card is in a completely different board (brand new) now than it was when I was having that issue with Heaven. in my old rig I had no issues with Hitman whatsoever. Still having that same issue with Heaven though. And now the issue with Hitman. Still running Catalyst 13.1 not overclocked.

What else changed from last time is the CPU and RAM. Bascially I swapped all the core components in my PC, CPU, GPU, RAM and motherboard. Everything else is the same.

I have played Total War: Shogun 2 and TC's Future Soldiers for hours with this same card in my new rig without any issues.

Last edited:

Rikard

Apr 25, 2012
Ok. The card is in a completely different board (brand new) now than it was when I was having that issue with Heaven. in my old rig I had no issues with Hitman whatsoever. Still having that same issue with Heaven though. And now the issue with Hitman. Still running Catalyst 13.1 not overclocked.

What else changed from last time is the CPU and RAM. Bascially I swapped all the core components in my PC, CPU, GPU, RAM and motherboard. Everything else is the same.

I have played Total War: Shogun 2 and TC's Future Soldiers for hours with this same card in my new rig without any issues.
So you are still using the same PSU? I think it is a long shot, but it could be the culprit. However I think a faulty GPU is more likely, your PSU should be fine. Did you try to put the old graphics card in the new box already? I would take the new card back to the store to have it exchanged if I were you.

Jan 13, 2008
I do have the same PSU, only the core components changed from one build to another. Hard drives, case etc are all still the same. I doubt it's the PSU though, but I might take a Voltage Meter to it anyway just to rule it out as the culprit. I requested an RMA, I'll report back in a few weeks and let you know if the problem was solved.

Bill Brasky

Diamond Member
May 18, 2006
For what it's worth, hitman crashes without error for me as well on a 670 at stock, perfectly stable. There may be something wrong with your card, but there is also something wrong with the game.

Jan 13, 2008
Thanks for the feedback Bill Brasky! I submitted the RMA but haven't actually sent the card yet. What stumps me is that everything else runs without issues - leading me to think it's not the card but something caused by the drivers, a setting in Catalyst or by the program/ game or a combination thereof.