Hitler and the Religious Right

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
Originally posted by: Harvey

Originally posted by: CADsortaGUY

I guess it's ok to post troll threads without links...

Napalm's OP doesn't include a link, but it does include a direct citation:

Adolf Hitler: [The Speeches of Adolph Hitler, 1922-1939, Vol. 1 (London, Oxford University Press, 1942), pg. 871-872]

That's enough reference info that anyone can search Google for portions of the quote or the title of the book he cited. Here's your reference and more.

Yeah, but the OP claims that the GOP member was stating things similar. Where is the link to said statements?

Should I start a thread using some actual quote and claim that BHO stated similar -thus democrats are just like the person in the supposedly related quote? Oh yeah, but provide no proof of said statement by BHO.

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
True/Real "Christians" are bandied about like they actually exist or have a meaning. They don't and they do, but what/who they are depends on whom you ask. Ask a Catholic, ask a Protestant, ask a Pentecostal, ask a Jehovahs Witness, and each time you'll get a different answer. Some of those groups will have very similar answers, but at the same time add some caveats about the other Groups. As we see in this very thread, Contemporary Groups will even add Caveats to their very own predecessors. It is simply not an easy distinction to make consistently.

The idea that this thread is an "Atheist circle jerk" is really just the denial of what is actually an "Atheist smackdown" of Religion. The inconsistencies of Religion, in this case Christianity, are numerous and completely obvious to anyone, including Christians(reason for all the Caveats).

What the OP shows is the danger inherent in Moralism. It was Moralism that gave Power to Hitler/Naziism in Germany. The Rural/Religious population of Germany were disgusted with the German Urban population, especially that which inhabited Berlin. Berlin was a Playground for the Rich back in the 1920's/30's, a place where anyone with some money could get any Sexual Fantasy fulfilled. There was so many varieties of sexual options that Berliners even invented some new sexual fantasies. Straight, Gay/Lesbian, Pedophilia, S&M, Bondage, Master/Slave, Beastiality, you name it, Berlin had it. Berliners became very Wealthy during that time, despite the Economic hardtimes the rest of Germany was experiencing. Practically every Berliner was involved in the Sex Trade.

Most of us would be equally disgusted with what was happening then if we lived near such a City. However, the lesson to be learned from that situation is that Disgust of Immorality can be even more dangerous than the Immorality itself. I don't think I really need to explain why.

Harvey

Administrator<br>Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: CADsortaGUY

Yeah, but the OP claims that the GOP member was stating things similar. Where is the link to said statements?

Good point.

I think his point is that Musgrave is one of those leading the homophobic charge against allowing gays to marry. I don't agree with her, but attempting to tie her bigotry directly to any nazi affiliation with no direct evidence of such an association is wrong. It doesn't even help him make his point.