Hip Hop and conservatism are the same thing.

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
I thought Loonie was the "mirror"? :rolleyes:

Never buy worms that have been raised in shit. Otherwise your hands will stink all day while you're fishing. :p

Actually that's just the sort of worm you bit on. Like calls to like.

LunarRay

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2003
Wow, that's interesting. Now, could you try that again, in English this time?

I'm beginning to think that some humans do exhibit, N-glycolyl - neuraminic acid (Neu5Gc). But traces do exist in some cell formations among humans but not where it counts.
It seems that behavioral indicators of Chimps follows a predictable trend unaltered by other factors.... or almost so.

One such behavior might be the limited understanding of Reality... Their reality is well maintained but the greater reality is opaque to the Chimp... I think!

Moonbeam speaks to a defect.... I see difference and produced as the result of random selection through the evolutionary reality. We are each capable of seeing the same stimulus but reacting to it differently... Why do you think that is true, if it is?

MagickMan

Diamond Member
Aug 11, 2008
I'm beginning to think that some humans do exhibit, N-glycolyl - neuraminic acid (Neu5Gc). But traces do exist in some cell formations among humans but not where it counts.
It seems that behavioral indicators of Chimps follows a predictable trend unaltered by other factors.... or almost so.

One such behavior might be the limited understanding of Reality... Their reality is well maintained but the greater reality is opaque to the Chimp... I think!

Moonbeam speaks to a defect.... I see difference and produced as the result of random selection through the evolutionary reality. We are each capable of seeing the same stimulus but reacting to it differently... Why do you think that is true, if it is?

There is no correlation between neural receptor performance and the presence, or lack, of Neu5Gc (an amino acid found in red meat). It's theorized that Neu5Gc antibodies can lead to inflammation of tissues within the colon, aggravating some carcinomas. If you have links to peer-reviewed studies that show otherwise, please share them, Moonie-alt. Yeah, I do know a little about organic chemistry, how about that? :p

We'll await your links to that information...

Last edited:

LunarRay

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2003
There is no correlation between neural receptor performance and the presence, or lack, of Neu5Gc (an amino acid found in red meat). It's theorized that Neu5Gc antibodies can lead to inflammation of tissues within the colon, aggravating some carcinomas. If you have links to peer-reviewed studies that show otherwise, please share them, Moonie-alt. Yeah, I do know a little about organic chemistry, how about that? :p

We'll await your links to that information...

I can link you to Elaine Muchmore, a friend at UCSD. She among some other researchers did a lot of work on that topic. The point of the work was to determine how it is that humans are divergent from chimps in the upper functions like intellect and stuff like that.

I wasn't talking about neural reception but, rather, the genetic pathway to an observed conclusion.

I don't quite follow the Moonie-alt bit... Are you asserting something?

Who are the we who await?... You have a mouse in your pocket?

I don't know much about chemistry... just what she shared with me on her research over the years. Before she went to direct the Residency Program stuff she was my expert Hemo doc as well.

http://www.biomedexperts.com/Abstra...xylase_occurred_after_the_Homo-Pan_divergence

http://www.biomedexperts.com/Abstra...he_cell_surfaces_of_humans_and_the_great_apes

Last edited:

MagickMan

Diamond Member
Aug 11, 2008
Again, there is no connection explicit, or implied, in that hypothesis either. What you have is an amino acid that is present in red meat, exists in some apes now, and may have been present in pre-Hominids. Ingestion of it could cause the production of antibodies that may lead to aggravating certain carcinomas and certain symptoms of Type 2 Diabetes.

There are no peer-reviewed studies, or even any active research, that corroborates what you're saying. That's not science, it's just another BS claim to try and validate the laughable presumption WRT "conservative brain damage", har-d-har-har. Finding a random study and trying to manipulate it into saying something that it doesn't, isn't "research", and neither is it clever.

You want to keep playing the fantasy games, that's fine, but the, "I don't quite follow the Moonie-alt bit..." ploy only makes it even more obvious. :\

LunarRay

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2003
Again, there is no connection explicit, or implied, in that hypothesis either. What you have is an amino acid that is present in red meat, exists in some apes now, and may have been present in pre-Hominids. Ingestion of it could cause the production of antibodies that may lead to aggravating certain carcinomas and certain symptoms of Type 2 Diabetes.

There are no peer-reviewed studies, or even any active research, that corroborates what you're saying. That's not science, it's just another BS claim to try and validate the laughable presumption WRT "conservative brain damage", har-d-har-har. Finding a random study and trying to manipulate it into saying something that it doesn't, isn't "research", and neither is it clever.

You want to keep playing the fantasy games, that's fine, but the, "I don't quite follow the Moonie-alt bit..." ploy only makes it even more obvious. :\

Is that a fact?

You've made another assertion. Elaine published the studies I presented. Now if you want you could google her work and read the entire publication. As I recall she is the First or perhaps the Second signer on the research. The link is only the abstract... You know what that is, right?

You seem fond of making statements that you call facts. Let's take the bit about being a Moonie Alt... I presume you allege that I am not me but, rather, Moonie posting on a second account... IF that is your position how about proving it?

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
I wonder if we each created our own weekly threads describing our personal opinions of why Moonbean is a brain-damaged disrespectful ass whoring himself out for what little scraps of attention he can get... how long would the mods allow that to continue for?
I can answer that....How long -- let me guess -- 51,000+ posts and counting....rofl@Cubby!! hahaaaa

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
I don`t know about any of you, but I for one can really feel the love permeating from this thread!!!

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Quote:
Originally Posted by cubby1223
I wonder if we each created our own weekly threads describing our personal opinions of why Moonbean is a brain-damaged disrespectful ass whoring himself out for what little scraps of attention he can get... how long would the mods allow that to continue for?

I can answer that....How long -- let me guess -- 51,000+ posts and counting....rofl@Cubby!! hahaaaa

The thing I love about the criticism I get is what it reveals about each poster's emotional fears. Poor cubby, it sees was shamed as a child for being mentally inferior, disrespectful to his parents and craving attention. In short, he was made to hate himself for being like that. This is how he was made to feel worthless and why he attempts to put that rap on me. He didn't know that his parents were emotionally as empty as he is today and had nothing to give. He didn't know they would not be able to supply his emotional needs. He didn't know that they had to crush the life out of him because he was a mirror that told them they were empty because he was alive with a thirst for love. So here he is today, just like the folk who killed his psyche, himself not unable to face who he became. Poor poor damned soul, an innocent angel turned into vicious scum. But it could all be recovered if he could but feel his pain.

MagickMan

Diamond Member
Aug 11, 2008
Is that a fact?

You've made another assertion. Elaine published the studies I presented. Now if you want you could google her work and read the entire publication. As I recall she is the First or perhaps the Second signer on the research. The link is only the abstract... You know what that is, right?

You seem fond of making statements that you call facts. Let's take the bit about being a Moonie Alt... I presume you allege that I am not me but, rather, Moonie posting on a second account... IF that is your position how about proving it?

First things first, let's first go over your ludacris scientific claims. I'm still waiting for you to back up your assertions in anything that you've said. Otherwise, it's nothing more than a crackpot anecdote. Links to said reviews and actual studies would be great. :\

Last edited:

MagickMan

Diamond Member
Aug 11, 2008
The thing I love about the criticism I get is what it reveals about each poster's emotional fears. Poor cubby, it sees was shamed as a child for being mentally inferior, disrespectful to his parents and craving attention. In short, he was made to hate himself for being like that. This is how he was made to feel worthless and why he attempts to put that rap on me. He didn't know that his parents were emotionally as empty as he is today and had nothing to give. He didn't know they would not be able to supply his emotional needs. He didn't know that they had to crush the life out of him because he was a mirror that told them they were empty because he was alive with a thirst for love. So here he is today, just like the folk who killed his psyche, himself not unable to face who he became. Poor poor damned soul, an innocent angel turned into vicious scum. But it could all be recovered if he could but feel his pain.

It only reveals what a pathetic, attention-whoring loser you are. The other shit you just make up and cry over as the mood strikes you.

Doppel

Lifer
Feb 5, 2011
You only see in him what you see in yourself. You use his parents as a proxy for your own. You need to forgive Mommy Moonbeam. We both know she could be so cruel at times, but this was merely a learned response to life and the hate of others. That self-hatred was projected on you as a boy and it's all you know. You cope by trying to group everybody in to your experience, even though they didn't have it. Jedi is merely a mirror in which you see yourself.

LunarRay

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2003
First things first, let's first go over your ludacris scientific claims. I'm still waiting for you to back up your assertions in anything that you've said. Otherwise, it's nothing more than a crackpot anecdote. Links to said reviews and actual studies would be great. :\

This is what I said:

"I'm beginning to think that some humans do exhibit, N-glycolyl - neuraminic acid (Neu5Gc). But traces do exist in some cell formations among humans but not where it counts.

Moonbeam speaks to a defect.... I see difference and produced as the result of random selection through the evolutionary reality. We are each capable of seeing the same stimulus but reacting to it differently... Why do you think that is true, if it is?"

Everything you've stated does not consider the clear wording of my post. I said, "I think..." It is evident from your responses that my posit might be true! Keep in mind that a new paragraph produces a new thought. Additionally, I draw a distinction between Moonbeam and my take on 'differences'.

IF a baseless argument is what you're after we can end the dialog here. I have no interest beyond what causes the motivation for behavior and going off on tangents that have no bearing on the causation of behavior does not further my understanding. Nor do I ever try to teach a pig to fly.... It does nothing more than frustrate me and tick off the pig. You will hardly ever read a post from me in what is my forte... It is ok with me for folks to think and defend their thinking with what ever tools they bring to the topic.

MagickMan

Diamond Member
Aug 11, 2008
This is what I said:

"I'm beginning to think that some humans do exhibit, N-glycolyl - neuraminic acid (Neu5Gc). But traces do exist in some cell formations among humans but not where it counts.

Moonbeam speaks to a defect.... I see difference and produced as the result of random selection through the evolutionary reality. We are each capable of seeing the same stimulus but reacting to it differently... Why do you think that is true, if it is?"

Everything you've stated does not consider the clear wording of my post. I said, "I think..." It is evident from your responses that my posit might be true! Keep in mind that a new paragraph produces a new thought. Additionally, I draw a distinction between Moonbeam and my take on 'differences'.

IF a baseless argument is what you're after we can end the dialog here. I have no interest beyond what causes the motivation for behavior and going off on tangents that have no bearing on the causation of behavior does not further my understanding. Nor do I ever try to teach a pig to fly.... It does nothing more than frustrate me and tick off the pig. You will hardly ever read a post from me in what is my forte... It is ok with me for folks to think and defend their thinking with what ever tools they bring to the topic.

Your conclusions are baseless, you have no proof or substance to your claims. Zero. "Herp, derp, I made up evidence to support my claims that conservatives have brain damage, manifesting as a "limited understanding of Reality", based on no research at all." It's more trolling, that's all. Look to your own causes for your behavior, figure out why you keep trying to post this type of nonsensical bullshit on every day ending in a "Y".

Your "forte"? Hah. If you're a scientist then Doppel's a rottweiler and JEDIYoda's a kangaroo. It would take a really piss-poor scientist, one of the worst in the world, to attempt to work a problem in reverse, attempting to make it fit an agenda rather than follow the logical course of the research. "I think" you're full of crap. How's that?

LunarRay

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2003
Your conclusions are baseless, you have no proof or substance to your claims. Zero. "Herp, derp, I made up evidence to support my claims that conservatives have brain damage, manifesting as a "limited understanding of Reality", based on no research at all." It's more trolling, that's all. Look to your own causes for your behavior, figure out why you keep trying to post this type of nonsensical bullshit on every day ending in a "Y".

Your "forte"? Hah. If you're a scientist then Doppel's a rottweiler and JEDIYoda's a kangaroo. It would take a really piss-poor scientist, one of the worst in the world, to attempt to work a problem in reverse, attempting to make it fit an agenda rather than follow the logical course of the research. "I think" you're full of crap. How's that?

What you think is fine with me! It does not foster any advance from the initial inquiry so for me I'll end the dialog. Perhaps in some other thread on some other topic we can engage with a mind toward sharing ideas.

MagickMan

Diamond Member
Aug 11, 2008
What you think is fine with me! It does not foster any advance from the initial inquiry so for me I'll end the dialog. Perhaps in some other thread on some other topic we can engage with a mind toward sharing ideas.

Try avoiding non sequiturs based on pseudo-scientific "feelings" and go with peer-reviewed research next time. Also, leave off with the passive-aggressive trolling altogether, asking your target audience how they feel about having a "limited understanding of Reality", comparing them to chimpanzees, and then acting as if you expect a reasonable conversation. Yes, my perceptions and understanding are keen enough, thanks.