Hillary supporters: did you vote for Obama?

SP33Demon

Lifer
Jun 22, 2001
Wondering what the ATP&N breakdown is and if the 2 camps really have mixed as one big happy family.

Hillary supporters, were you happy Obama won? Did you vote for him?

palehorse

Lifer
Dec 21, 2005
With the questions listed separately, how will you determine correlation? You're probably going to have to fix your poll...

StageLeft

No Lifer
Sep 29, 2000
Of course they did. Those of sane mind knew that once the sour grapes mentality wore off they'd support Obama and most of them did. We told them this at the time but like spoiled kids they said no if I cannot have two candy bars I don't want one, but after the crying wore off they went for the single candy bar.

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
Even though I've been a Democrat since my first election in 1972, I supported NEITHER Hillary nor Obama..and voted for neither. For the first time in my voting life, I did NOT vote for a Democrat in the Presidential election...

Even though I considered it to be a wasted vote, I voted for a 3rd party candidate.

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
republican (sorta) hillary supporter.

voted for Obama.

wasn't especially passionate about it, but I sucked it up :)

RY62

Mar 13, 2005

I was a Clinton supporter and I didn't vote for Obama.

I wasn't willing to take a chance on an unknown candidate to be President. Still, I wish him well. If President Obama turns out to be the pragmatic centrist, I think the country will be much better off with him in the office.

senseamp

Lifer
Feb 5, 2006
I ended up voting for Obama, even though I was strongly against him in the primary.
McCain simply worked too hard to alienate independents, and convince people that he's more of the same. Sarah Palin, dirty attacks, and the overall stench of incompetence and right wing ideology pretty much sealed the deal. While it would have been tough for him to win this season, McCain of 2000 would have played much better than the "new and ideologically improved" McCain of 2008. He was the Change guy in 2000, and more of the same guy in 2008, the exact opposite of where he should have positioned himself.