Hillary accepted and signed DNC rules barring MI & FL delegates if they moved their primaries up

Phokus

Lifer
Nov 20, 1999
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KmUVr_Qt2Wg

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm, not only did Hillary verbally agree with the DNC's decision on MI and FL, she also signed the pledge as well. But of course now that she's behind Obama, she wants to go back on her word.

This is why Hildabeast should not be allowed to be president. Her word is worth less than nothing and she has no honest bone in her body.

Corbett

Diamond Member
Jun 8, 2005
Doesn't matter. Both democrat candidates are only willing to do what is more politically expedient for themselves. Hillary wants them counted because they would give her delegates. Obama does not want them counted because they would be for Hillary.

Rio Rebel

Administrator Emeritus<br>Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: Corbett
Doesn't matter. Both democrat candidates are only willing to do what is more politically expedient for themselves. Hillary wants them counted because they would give her delegates. Obama does not want them counted because they would be for Hillary.

Florida probably would have gone for Hillary either way. But Michigan was very much in play. Counting Michigan in any way based on the results that took place earlier - with Hillary being the only name on the ballot - would be horribly unfair to those who played by the rules (I say "those", because if John Edwards were in this situation, he would have been screwed too).

I am amazed that more people aren't speaking out about this. What Hillary is doing is ridiculous - trying to saddle Obama with the situation. SHE is the one who has no integrity at all. Maybe Obama is taking his position for political reasons as well, but at least he isn't going back on an agreement and calling for election results to be counted when everyone else followed the agreement and removed their names from the ballot.

The woman is a snake. All of her proponents have the same answer each time - "everyone else does it". But nobody else does it as often or as egregiously.

Bird222

Diamond Member
Jun 7, 2004

Maybe, but can you prove that? At least he is sticking to the rules of engagement.

DukeN

Golden Member
Dec 12, 1999
Whoop-di-do - Clinton does a turnaround and wants whats best for her with no regards to what she agreed for.

Nothing to see here folks - yet another incident of Hitlary being Hitlary.

piasabird

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Hillary is a cry baby.

I think the primary rules should be changed so they reflect the same type of rules as in the general election. In this way if you have a state that uses the majority takes all the delegates, the primary would reflect what might happen in the general election. That way it would be more realistic.

lupi

Lifer
Apr 8, 2001
Originally posted by: Rio Rebel

Florida probably would have gone for Hillary either way. But Michigan was very much in play. Counting Michigan in any way based on the results that took place earlier - with Hillary being the only name on the ballot - would be horribly unfair to those who played by the rules (I say "those", because if John Edwards were in this situation, he would have been screwed too).

I am amazed that more people aren't speaking out about this. What Hillary is doing is ridiculous - trying to saddle Obama with the situation. SHE is the one who has no integrity at all. Maybe Obama is taking his position for political reasons as well, but at least he isn't going back on an agreement and calling for election results to be counted when everyone else followed the agreement and removed their names from the ballot.

The woman is a snake. All of her proponents have the same answer each time - "everyone else does it". But nobody else does it as often or as egregiously.

No different than the empty suit making claims about policy on how he would have voted on measures in the senate when he wasn't even a senator yet.

Besides, florida has been a rather key part of the presidential election over the last couple of votes so I would not be surprised to see the party itself bend over to try and appease those voters.

piasabird

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Or maybe Florida should just vote Republican to spite the Democrats who dont care about them.

senseamp

Lifer
Feb 5, 2006
This is exactly why she should be president. I want a president to use all advantages, fair and unfair for America's benefit.

Phokus

Lifer
Nov 20, 1999
Originally posted by: senseamp
This is exactly why she should be president. I want a president to use all advantages, fair and unfair for America's benefit.

:laugh: it's amazing you Hitlery supporters would condone dishonesty and dirty politics. You're just like Bush supporters :laugh:

You're right that she'll use all advantages, fair and unfair, but it's at the detriment of America and the benefit of herself :laugh:

senseamp

Lifer
Feb 5, 2006
Originally posted by: Phokus

:laugh: it's amazing you Hitlery supporters would condone dishonesty and dirty politics. You're just like Bush supporters :laugh:

You're right that she'll use all advantages, fair and unfair, but it's at the detriment of America and the benefit of herself :laugh:

Florida's and Michigan's votes are not Hillary's to throw out, and they are not Obama's to throw out. They must be counted.
Obama is going to be a sissy in negotiations with other countries, he is going to be busy building consensus, or whatever it is demagogues do, instead of being pragmatic and playing with all the cards he's dealt.

jonks

Lifer
Feb 7, 2005
Actually the OP is incorrect as Obama wants both states to have their delegates seated at the convention. Maybe not in the proportion allocated by the primaries that were held, but he does want them to participate and be seated. So I guess he's going back on his word too since the rules clearly stated that violation would result in a 100% forfeiture of pledged and unpledged delegates. Hypocrite?

Dec 10, 2005
Originally posted by: piasabird
Hillary is a cry baby.

I think the primary rules should be changed so they reflect the same type of rules as in the general election. In this way if you have a state that uses the majority takes all the delegates, the primary would reflect what might happen in the general election. That way it would be more realistic.

The primary cannot reflect what will happen in the general election, as it is the PARTY's members that are voting for a nominee. So it is democrat vs. democrat; last time I checked, the general election was republican candidate vs. democratic candidate vs. some third parties.

Robor

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999

Um, yeah. That's a great way to look at foreign policy and exactly what we need after 8 years of GWB. Not. :thumbsdown:

senseamp

Lifer
Feb 5, 2006
Originally posted by: Robor

Um, yeah. That's a great way to look at foreign policy and exactly what we need after 8 years of GWB. Not. :thumbsdown:

So you want a sissy like Obama for president?

Robor

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999

Florida's and Michigan's votes are not Hillary's to throw out, and they are not Obama's to throw out. They must be counted.
Obama is going to be a sissy in negotiations with other countries, he is going to be busy building consensus, or whatever it is demagogues do, instead of being pragmatic and playing with all the cards he's dealt.

FL and MI knew the situation and they selfishly put themselves ahead of the party. They have no one to blame but themselves.

Robor

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: sirjonk
Actually the OP is incorrect as Obama wants both states to have their delegates seated at the convention. Maybe not in the proportion allocated by the primaries that were held, but he does want them to participate and be seated. So I guess he's going back on his word too since the rules clearly stated that violation would result in a 100% forfeiture of pledged and unpledged delegates. Hypocrite.

Obama's not a hypocrite. He wants those delegates seated because he doesn't want to piss off the D voters in the general election. You know very well if this was Texas we're talking about he couldn't care less about pissing them off. ;)

Robor

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999

Better than a crying woman who can't contain her emotions in public. :roll:

jonks

Lifer
Feb 7, 2005
Originally posted by: sirjonk
Actually the OP is incorrect as Obama wants both states to have their delegates seated at the convention. Maybe not in the proportion allocated by the primaries that were held, but he does want them to participate and be seated. So I guess he's going back on his word too since the rules clearly stated that violation would result in a 100% forfeiture of pledged and unpledged delegates. Hypocrite.

Obama's not a hypocrite. He wants those delegates seated because he doesn't want to piss off the D voters in the general election. You know very well if this was Texas we're talking about he couldn't care less about pissing them off. ;)

Of course he isn't. I'm just pointing out the OP's inconsistency. He's calling out HC for not having any respect for the rules, which mandate forfeiture of all delegates, but apparently BO's support for waiving the forfeiture mandated by the rules is fine. Fact is they both agree the rules shouldn't apply, the forfeiture should not stand, and differ only in the proportion of how the delegates should be split.

jonks

Lifer
Feb 7, 2005

FL and MI knew the situation and they selfishly put themselves ahead of the party. They have no one to blame but themselves.

We keep hearing on the news that it was the Republicans in the FL legislature that controlled the date of the dem primary. If that's true I don't see how the dem voters of FL deserve to be ignored.

senseamp

Lifer
Feb 5, 2006

Better than a crying woman who can't contain her emotions in public. :roll:

So people are bashing Hillary for faking her emotions, and for not being able to control them at the same time? Interesting.

senseamp

Lifer
Feb 5, 2006

God forbid states put themselves and their voters ahead of a party. There is nothing sacred about Democrat primary schedules that states have to respect. If DNC wants to organize and pay for its own primaries, they can hold them whenever they please. Otherwise, whoever pays the piper calls the tune.

Mxylplyx

Diamond Member
Mar 21, 2007

Pretty much. Their motivations are the exact same. Circumstances just happened to favor Obama. Dont fool yourselves into thinking Obama wouldnt to the same should the situation be reversed. They are both politicians after all.

Starbuck1975

Lifer
Jan 6, 2005
It does matter...Obama is abiding by the rules he agreed to months ago...Hillary is the one looking to change the rules now that she is behind...and because neither Florida nor Michigan were a fair content, it is premature to assume that Hillary would maintain a substantial lead in either state...and at this point, it is doubtful that even if Florida and Michigan came into play, that they would help her erode Obama's lead.

1EZduzit

Lifer
Feb 4, 2002
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KmUVr_Qt2Wg

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm, not only did Hillary verbally agree with the DNC's decision on MI and FL, she also signed the pledge as well. But of course now that she's behind Obama, she wants to go back on her word.

This is why Hildabeast should not be allowed to be president. Her word is worth less than nothing and she has no honest bone in her body.

So you're in favor of "taxation without representation", because that's what not having your votes counted amounts to.

The nuttieness of supporters like you is just one more reason I won't vote for Obama. Your as bad as the Bush faithful were and as I've pointed out before many of his supporters are former Bush faithful who "claim" they've seen the light. Birds of a feather I guess.

Some uniter Obama is, he can't even unite his own party and is willing to sell it out in order to pick up a few votes. LMAO, Mr. Change need to change his underwear because he's shit in them again.