Hilarious picture: Why IT projects fail...

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Martin

Lifer
Jan 15, 2000
Originally posted by: Descartes
I figured it was an old one, but I had actually never seen it. I lost it after seeing the "How the programmer wrote it" picture.

Yeah, that's the one that really did it for me too.

Hilarious stuff. Thanks

Cougar

Golden Member
Feb 26, 2000
lol....I had seen one very similar when I was working on an XP rollout project last year. Needless to say it made pretty much every one laugh except for management....they didn't seem to think it was so funny.

To complement that pic I brought in one that I saw posted here years ago. It was a flow chart to determine what to do in case something broke at work. I don't think I have it on this computer but I'm sure someone will know what I'm talking about and post it for me.

Descartes

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Originally posted by: Cougar
lol....I had seen one very similar when I was working on an XP rollout project last year. Needless to say it made pretty much every one laugh except for management....they didn't seem to think it was so funny.

To complement that pic I brought in one that I saw posted here years ago. It was a flow chart to determine what to do in case something broke at work. I don't think I have it on this computer but I'm sure someone will know what I'm talking about and post it for me.

Was it this? :D

Cougar

Golden Member
Feb 26, 2000

Yep, that's the one! My boss and I had that posted in our cubes throughout the entire project. It's probably the most useful flowchart that I've ever seen :D

slpaulson

Diamond Member
Jun 5, 2000

Yep, that's the one! My boss and I had that posted in our cubes throughout the entire project. It's probably the most useful flowchart that I've ever seen :D

I've had that flowsheet taped to the wall of my dorm room for the last two years, and in my locker senior year of high school.
It's a great flowsheet.