Hidden Object Graphic Adventures

BFG10K

Lifer
Aug 14, 2000
I hadn’t played any of these before but I saw Dracula Legacy on Steam for 13 cents, so I decided to try it.

I expected to be bored to tears but was pleasantly surprised by the intuitive gameplay. It was a nice mix of inventory puzzles, point & click, navigation, mini-games, and hidden object scenes. The graphics are really nice too.

Dracula_Legacy.jpg

I picked up 11 games and as all of them cost less than $1, I paid less than $10 in total. I’ve been playing through them and haven’t come across any I consider bad. 2-3 hours gameplay for each is perfect.

I’ve seen a lot of other nice ones (there’s one that looks like Bioshock/SOMA), but I’ll wait for more sales.

Reactions: paperfist

sweenish

Diamond Member
May 21, 2013
It's a nice genre. My wife and I used to always play the Mystery Case Files games together until last year's ended up being a steaming pile of garbage.

The bigger ones are practically old-school point and click adventure games.

CPA

Elite Member
Nov 19, 2001
I have a ton of them and have finished several. I like them. Some have some pretty good puzzles. Granted, narration and story are usually pretty horrendous. I think Artifex Mundi uses the same female voice actor for all of their games.

sweenish

Diamond Member
May 21, 2013
Thanks for cross-posting.

Picked that up. Hard not to at that price.

BFG10K

Lifer
Aug 14, 2000
I’ve been playing through quite a few lately and these two have stood out the most so far:

Nightmares from the Deep
Pirates of the Caribbean meets Call of Cthulhu. Very entertaining to play. My bundle didn’t have the first game but I’m sure it’s just as good as 2 & 3.

Grim Legends: The Forsaken Bride
Sleepy Hollow meets a traditional fairy tale. I actually cared about the main characters because they were treated so unjustly.

rivethead

Platinum Member
Jan 16, 2005
I picked up Dracula's Legacy last night on Steam....all because I had seen your post a few weeks ago......and I was bored.....and it was only $0.50.

Well, I'm glad I did. I have never played a game like this before, but I really enjoyed the hour I spent.

So.....thank you!

PrincessFrosty

Platinum Member
Feb 13, 2008
www.frostyhacks.blogspot.com
I’ve been playing through quite a few lately and these two have stood out the most so far:

Nightmares from the Deep
Pirates of the Caribbean meets Call of Cthulhu. Very entertaining to play. My bundle didn’t have the first game but I’m sure it’s just as good as 2 & 3.

I actually got into these games while trying to clear a backlog of humble bundle titles, never played them before. The nightmares from the deep was a really great trilogy with some good puzzles, I thoroughly enjoyed playing them. The same studio do a bunch of others on steam which are fairly cheap.

We also did a drunk play through on my DrunkenGamers YT channel of Enigmatis 2 by the same people, which was funny, link in sig.

PrincessFrosty

Platinum Member
Feb 13, 2008
www.frostyhacks.blogspot.com
Another great bundle posted from another forum: https://www.indiegala.com/riddles

Thanks I picked this up because I'm missing some.

If anyone is interested here are 2 steam keys, first come first serve

Abyss: The Wraiths of Eden - BCCVG-HFV7V-BTZRW
Nightmares from the Deep: The Cursed Heart - B8QPE-IAMN7-GD4WN

Can I just ask you only take the key if you really want to play these kind of games, and preferably just pick one so someone else can also try them out. Thanks and Merry Xmas.

rivethead

Platinum Member
Jan 16, 2005
Thanks PrincessFrosty!

I used the key for Nightmares from the Deep. I just finished Dracula's Legacy. First time I've played a game like this and I really enjoyed it.

Merry Xmas!

BFG10K

Lifer
Aug 14, 2000
So far I've finished 29 games and the only one I didn't think was worthwhile is Dark Heritage: Guardians of Hope. It had so much potential around its unique premise but I found it unintuitive. I also frequently couldn't tell if the mini-games had simply glitched or were so illogical that I'd made a mistake, so I ended up skipping most of them.

Also Fairy Tale Mysteries 2: the Beanstalk wasn't that great. Every location was a silhouette object part hunt. Fortunately the bonus chapter had normal inventory pickups.

SMOGZINN

Lifer
Jun 17, 2005
So far I've finished 29 games and the only one I didn't think was worthwhile is Dark Heritage: Guardians of Hope. It had so much potential around its unique premise but I found it unintuitive. I also frequently couldn't tell if the mini-games had simply glitched or were so illogical that I'd made a mistake, so I ended up skipping most of them.

Also Fairy Tale Mysteries 2: the Beanstalk wasn't that great. Every location was a silhouette object part hunt. Fortunately the bonus chapter had normal inventory pickups.

What was your favorites out of the 29 games?

Ferzerp

Diamond Member
Oct 12, 1999
Some of this genre (and some of the games specifically mentioned here) are free for Android through Amazon Underground.

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
The android game I've played a lot is 'The Secret Society'. It's designed for thousands of replays.

SMOGZINN

Lifer
Jun 17, 2005
Abyss: the Wraiths of Eden.
Dracula's Legacy.
Grim Legends: Forsaken Bride.
Nightmares from the Deep trilogy.

Thank you! I've added them to my Steam wishlist and will probably pick them up on the next Steam Sale.

SMOGZINN

Lifer
Jun 17, 2005
I picked up Dracula's Legacy, my girlfriend was really excited. We are going to play it together on the big screen. If it goes well I'll get more of them in the next sale.