Hi, I am still here

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

MagnusTheBrewer

IN MEMORIAM
Jun 19, 2004
are they going to radiate your bone spots? Research has shown that radiation therapy has been known to boost the effectiveness of the checkpoint inhibitors like Keytruda and Opdivo
They already have zapped a spot on my spine. Now, I've got one on my left hip. My next appointment with radiology is July 1st. I may have another on my skull. Oh well, we've just gotta keep breathing. Getting old ain't for sissies.

Reactions: highland145

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
They already have zapped a spot on my spine. Now, I've got one on my left hip. My next appointment with radiology is July 1st. I may have another on my skull. Oh well, we've just gotta keep breathing. Getting old ain't for sissies.

If I'd known I was gonna live this long...I might have taken better care of myself?

mopardude87

Diamond Member
Oct 22, 2018
So in other words you're going for immortal? ;)

He may need to do this, it may beat immortality. Depends if you wanna go to that "other place" and still you know, do things here. A cool idea even if it doesn't work.

Geekbabe

Moderator Emeritus<br>Elite Member
Oct 16, 1999
www.theshoppinqueen.com
So in other words you're going for immortal? ;)

Depending on Apple & Samsung :)

At that time only sports figures & celebrities were getting tested & there were still questions as to the accuracy of certain brands.

Also, cancer & covid aren’t a good mix, particularly for patients on Immunotherapy. Getting tested would have involved being in a lengthy line with lord knows how many potentially covid positive people. I was able to breath so I was treated at home.

Crazy ... I would have hoped testing folks in your situation would be a priority. Apparently not I guess.

Reactions: Captante

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
Geek we don`t know each other. But we are kindred spirits! I am very high riosk! Let me say I am so happy that you are hanging tough! Much love sent your way!!

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com
Had a rough March, sick with some sort of horrible flu like illnesss, worked only 2 days at the hospital & have been out on leave of absence since then due to being at high risk for Covid. At this point I am out of vacation and sick time but...the risk is greater than any hardships.

I had a good CT scan in May 15th, no new growth, no mets, hoping to be able to resume cancer treatment soon. Boston got hit hard & Mass General figured not getting treatment was safer than having to go to the hospital

I am still alive, feeling weird even stepping out of my house even with a mask. Between the virus and the horrible situation in our country right now. Saddened & depressed beyond belief describes my mental status these days

Editing to add that Covid and Cancer is not a good mix,particularly for those of us receiving Immunotherapy treatment. OTOH, I crossed an important marker, over 5 years alive after a stage IV diagnosis. So, I sail in uncharted waters....always the outlier:)

My Oncologist is leaving in August, to be part of a research team for a drug company. Can’t blame her, she has small children but this feels like another big loss & I will miss her terribly.

i miss you all, please be safe, kind to each other, be the good in the world
Hi Geekbabe,

Logged in today for first time in 12 years after I got a call from old friend JW Middleton. So glad to see you beat cancer for so many years and if I remember last it was lungs and Opdivo was brand new back then.

AreaCode707

Lifer
Sep 21, 2001
Haven't logged in for a long while, but dropped in randomly and came across this. :(

I'm sorry to hear you're fighting cancer, baff. Kick its butt!! Glad you still have RD there by your side.

Love from me and LB. <3

manlymatt83

Lifer
Oct 14, 2005
I am just so glad you are both still together & that she has such a good human, she is a beautiful cat, I wanted her but.... She was meant for you, I later went on to rescue a big gray guy who enjoys eating as his favorite hobby :)

Thank you!! She's been a great cat, I can't believe how long it's been. Not sure if I ever told you that she swallowed a penny and needed surgery when she was younger? That was an interesting experience! Other than that -- she's had a few dramatic hairball stories that required vet visits, but is living the life thus far!

• Love
Reactions: Geekbabe

Geekbabe

Oct 16, 1999
www.theshoppinqueen.com
Awesome to hear about your big gray rescue cat! :) I hope he's happy and healthy!

I was hunting Pokémon at the park up the street, he came up to me & started rubbing against my leg, he followed me home several time. One day it was about 100 degrees, I spotted him trying to drink water from the gutter as a neighbor watered her yard.. that did it for me!

cat food & water on my porch, as the weather cooled a cat house. got a big carrier, took him to Petco for shots & testing, then to the low cost cat mobile for neutering & brought him inside. Grayson is a beloved & cherished family member :)

Geekbabe

Oct 16, 1999
www.theshoppinqueen.com
Update, I had an infusion today ( first in 3 months) the landscape at Mass General has greatly changed. It was wonderful to see my Oncologist & my nurses but to be honest I was anxious & fearful.

I used the Ride to there & home, passed by Revere beach...some socially distancing but many more were not...and no masks on the people mingling freely.

I was glad to get home, to scrub my hands, take off my mask and to feel safer again.

Now the side effects roll in, nausea, low grade fever, slight headache...I actually welcome them... my immune system signaling it has received a boost from Opdivo...drink up guys & get busy hunting down & killing cancer cells

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
GB, I can't imagine going through all that on a regular basis...but we're glad it seems to be working for you.