Hey there, ATOT. Been a while.

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

brianmanahan

Lifer
Sep 2, 2006
That cow avatar reminds me of something. I can't remember what.

schneiderguy? or virge?

brianmanahan

Lifer
Sep 2, 2006
unrelated, dmcowen now has a thread in P&N demanding that all statues be taken down, not just the ones people don't like

already at 6 pages

this is going to be like the gas prices thread, but so much better

i feel young again

• Haha
Reactions: highland145

ultimatebob

Lifer
Jul 1, 2001
unrelated, dmcowen now has a thread in P&N demanding that all statues be taken down, not just the ones people don't like

already at 6 pages

this is going to be like the gas prices thread, but so much better

i feel young again

Did it start out in P&N, or did it get moved there? I try to avoid that cesspool when I can, but I somehow got sucked into that thread.

Perhaps I should ask the mods to ban me from that forum so I stop accidentally stop posting in there.

brianmanahan

Lifer
Sep 2, 2006
Perhaps I should ask the mods to ban me from that forum so I stop accidentally stop posting in there.

i'm not sure, i missed it until tonight

i've always avoided P&N like the plague but gas price thread was my guilty pleasure exception

brianmanahan

Lifer
Sep 2, 2006
I wonder how many here are still building/tweaking PCs.

i spent so much money on PCs when i could barely afford it

and now i could definitely afford it, but i live cheaper than i ever have and keep the same mobo/CPU for 8 years

AdamK47

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
I've never really had a break with my PC building in the past 25 years that I've been building my own. It has escalated to the point where I'm accustom to the higher end of the component spectrum. I can't even imagine the amount of money I've spent in that amount of time.

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
Welcome Back! Pretty sure you predate me, but for some reason that avatar looks familiar.

Crazy how fast time goes though. 20 years is a long time but it does not feel THAT long ago. I would have been 14, in like grade 9.

MovingTarget

Diamond Member
Jun 22, 2003
Wow, it has been a long time since "the good ole days" here. Many of us lurked for quite some time before joining, so going back to that is just staying true to form. I still build PCs, but nowadays its because I'm cheap instead of wanting to be on the bleeding edge of performance for gaming.

Now, where to get bulk beef online...hmmm....

highland145

Lifer
Oct 12, 2009
yeah but he was given the option to come back any time, if he apologized for something.
Last I heard the mods were still honoring that.
He mocked some poster that lost a cat but there was another thread, at the same time, that was a parody or some such and so his mocking was understandable. I think he quite us. :(

Where is AMD?