hey sh!tty drivers, stop tapping your brakes for no reason

Jul 10, 2007
everyday, i see idiot drivers who tap their brakes for no good reason other than the fact that they just SUCK at driving.

the car in front of them is 100 feet away, but they'll tap their brakes because they think they've approached too quickly.
they'll go around a slight bend where they COULD take it at their current speed, but they'll tap their brakes because they're can't judge their speed.
they'll fiddle with the ac or radio, and they'll tap their brakes.
they have to pick up a call on their cell phone, so they'll tap on their brakes.

guess what you're doing morons... the other idiotic drivers behind you see red brake lights and they'll start braking too.

fucking learn to drive and pay attention and stop tapping your brakes for no reason.
leave ample space ahead of you, and instead of braking, you can coast. you're not forced to either gas or brake. it's not all or nothing. you can take your foot off both pedals and coast.
stop creating unnecessary traffic.

i swear, we need to make the road test harder so we can get these idiots off the road.

MrDudeMan

Lifer
Jan 15, 2001
It doesn't make me as angry as it makes you, but I agree it doesn't make sense to brake instead of coast where applicable.

gwai lo

Sep 29, 2004
i wish people who automatically brake when they see brake lights stop doing that too...you know, the ones who can only see the car in front of them and never bother looking *through* the car to see that the guy isn't even slowing down for anything.

PingSpike

Lifer
Feb 25, 2004
Originally posted by: gwai lo
i wish people who automatically brake when they see brake lights stop doing that too...you know, the ones who can only see the car in front of them and never bother looking *through* the car to see that the guy isn't even slowing down for anything.

Leave my wife out of this.

M0RPH

Diamond Member
Dec 7, 2003
I suppose you would rather have their foot somewhere else rather than on the brake and ready in case they really do need to use it. A lot of those lights you see, there's not any real braking happening it's just people have their foot there and the break light is very sensitive.

lxskllr

No Lifer
Nov 30, 2004
Originally posted by: M0RPH
I suppose you would rather have their foot somewhere else rather than on the brake and ready in case they really do need to use it. A lot of those lights you see, there's not any real braking happening it's just people have their foot there and the break light is very sensitive.

People that drive an automatic with 2 feet are doing it wrong, and should be bludgeoned until they drop that poor habit.

acheron

Diamond Member
May 27, 2008
fortunately, any consequences from unnecessary braking happen behind me, so i don't care!

Jul 10, 2007

that's the premise of my whole rant.
the brake lights are causing others to actually step on their brakes which creates the traffic jam.

M0RPH

Diamond Member
Dec 7, 2003
Originally posted by: lxskllr

People that drive an automatic with 2 feet are doing it wrong, and should be bludgeoned until they drop that poor habit.

I'm not saying that, I'm saying if you know you're not going to be accelerating because there's a car in front of you or you're going around a turn, you mine as well put your foot by the brake in case you need to use it.

M0RPH

Diamond Member
Dec 7, 2003
Originally posted by: BlahBlahYouToo

that's the premise of my whole rant.
the brake lights are causing others to actually step on their brakes which creates the traffic jam.

Ok you're right, they should not be tapping the brake. I'm just arguing because I'm bored :p

But don't say that their foot shouldn't be by the brake, because that's exactly where it should be. They just shouldn't be tapping it.

actuarial

Platinum Member
Jan 22, 2009
I intentionally do this when people follow me too closely.

Also, it's really idiot drivers who panic break because they see someone else's break lights on that cause the traffic jam. If someone taps their breaks in front of me it doesn't cause a traffic jam.

Chryso

Diamond Member
Nov 23, 2004
I am not as bothered by this as by the people who always have their foot on the brake so that their brake lights never go off.

SuperSix

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
My G/F has a habit of doing this. As soon as she sees the brakes lights ahead of her - she hits the brakes. Drives me crazy.

Train

Lifer
Jun 22, 2000
www.bing.com
Everyone should live by the guidline that you NEVER use your breaks on the expressway. EVAR!!!

If you find that you use your breaks more than once a month on the expressway, and its not a traffic jam, You're doing it wrong.

MotF Bane

No Lifer
Dec 22, 2006
Originally posted by: SuperSix
My G/F has a habit of doing this. As soon as she sees the brakes lights ahead of her - she hits the brakes. Drives me crazy.

Women can't drive.

shocksyde

Diamond Member
Jun 16, 2001
Some jackass was pissing me off by braking hard for no reason in medium traffic, so I switched lanes. The guy that was behind me then proceeded to rear-end the jackass moments after I changed lanes.

C-C-C-COMBO BREAKER!

RESmonkey

Diamond Member
May 6, 2007
Hey man, some of us are just fresh drivers. Fuck off.

edit = No, I don't do what OP is mentioning, but I do know that it's a sign of fresh drivers. Better to be safe then sorry, anyways (the curve part).

hiromizu

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2007
Originally posted by: Train
Everyone should live by the guidline that you NEVER use your breaks on the expressway. EVAR!!!

If you find that you use your breaks more than once a month on the expressway, and its not a traffic jam, You're doing it wrong.

What if your doing 140 and you see 5-0? Better hit dem brakes son.