Hey New Yorkers, just stay home today

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

ghostman

Golden Member
Jul 12, 2000
Well, the rain has eased up by now. But this morning was horrible. I was riding the bus and there wasn't a drop of rain falling. Once I got off the bus, the rain started pouring. I couldn't get my umbrella out fast enough and was soaked in less than a minute.

moshquerade

No Lifer
Nov 1, 2001
Originally posted by: lozina
Trust me, if you haven't already gone to work don't bother. It's a mess out there. Roads closed left n right... rain pouring so fast your wipers can't keep up... I walked the block from where I park to my office and I am all soaked. The umbrella did nothing...

Man how I wish I just stayed home and stayed in bed today
Upstate NY was/is sunny today. We New Yorkers aren't sharing your soggy weather.

Scarpozzi

Lifer
Jun 13, 2000
George Costanza: Why are you home? You're supposed to be out on your route, and getting my calzones for Steinbrenner.
Newman: Well, I saw that it's raining outside, so I called in sick. I don't work in the rain.
George Costanza: But... you're a mailman! 'Neither rain, nor sleet, nor snow... ' It's the first one!

akshatp

Diamond Member
Oct 15, 1999
Took me 2.5 hours to travel 45 miles on the Garden State Parkway this morning... Hopefully it doesnt rain again in the evening when I will be doing the opposite commute!

mugs

Lifer
Apr 29, 2003
Originally posted by: jman19
Originally posted by: mugs
Weird. I'm only ~30 miles from NYC and not a drop of rain.

Um, 30 miles isn't exactly a small distance...

It is relative to the size of a large rainstorm.

Most weather that passes over NYC passes over NJ first.

That is why it is surprising to me that we didn't get any rain.

Raduque

Lifer
Aug 22, 2004
I want your rain.

We had some rain down here the past month, but it usually lasted about an hour and then the Texas sun made it like it had never rained at all.