Hey! Look what you people did! Giving me hacking links! :) All I wanted was to monitor my bro's network speeds :(

AlphaIVT

Banned
Jul 26, 2000
my bro just went to his friend's house and his computer is on downloading SOMETHING, and its hogging my bandwidth, i really want to disable it, but i want to know what he's downloading or uploading. anyway around? restarting isn't an option.

UPDATE: now i'm thinking about putting a "trojan" type program so i can "monitor" his activities.a ctually i just want to know what program he's using to downloadk, how fast he's dl'ing and ul'ing.

Discussions about Trojan's and Hacking into
another's system is not allowed here.

Anandtech Moderator

convex

Banned
May 24, 2000

<< Just pull his connection. >>

the best you're gonna get... wait a minute and plug it back in and pretend like you don't know what happened ;)

kami

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
The DSL connection in our house is on a hub near my computer. One time when playing Quake3 someone was obviously having a fit on Napster because my pings were spiking and I was in the middle of a heated battle. YOINK :) No one interrupts my quake!

warlord

Golden Member
Oct 25, 1999
not if the screen saver is on. man are you guys even reading his post?

I think you're SOL this time.

GeekDrew

Diamond Member
Jun 7, 2000
Install WinVNC. It lets you remotely control a pc. He'll think that he's been hacked, because you can set it so that if you click a button, his screen is brought up on your monitor, and his keyboard and mouse are locked. Then you have full control over the system.

WinVNC does leave an icon in the system tray tho...isn't there a program somewhere that gets icons out of the system tray?

geno

Lifer
Dec 26, 1999
Shiner, I sure as hell hope so. I wanna do this to my friend sooooo bad :)

eyor

Banned
Feb 7, 2000
shiner: i don't know how that one works, but I can just picture alpha installing that program on his brothers computer and then getting 40000 portscans and having someone else take over his computer and trash their network, lol.

alpha: in case it is needed in the future, you can burn a cd that automatically runs when inserted and has programs to disable the screensaver... I forget where I saw the guide... anyone remember this one?