Hey, Dems, it's a lot closer than you think.

techs

Lifer
Sep 26, 2000
Put the corks back in your champagne bottles.
This could be a good week for McCain. He will introduce another economic plan. The right wing talk shows and FoxNews will praise it to heaven.
The Obama bounce we have seen will rebound somewhat. People who were screaming mad about the economy will have calmed down a bit. Giving McCain back 2-3 percentage points he lost in the immediate aftermath of the meltdown.
The Palin is an idiot anger will also settle down as they limit her to speeches only, and as is normal people turn back to focus on the Presidential candidates.
Plus, the recent Obama surge has made him and his policies the focus of attention. And regardless how good or bad, there are always people who will point out the bad, or just plain make it up.
How firm was the 5 point jump Obama experienced the last few weeks?
I'm guessing maybe 1 point.
It's still a horse race.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
He is also coming out against the war, will offer universal socialized medicine, and a cheap government made electric car as well as amnesty for Mexicans and reparations for Blacks.

Dari

Lifer
Oct 25, 2002
I agree. Obama's gallup poll lead has gone from 12 to 7 in a week. It's far too early to celebrate.

Thump553

Lifer
Jun 2, 2000
You don't have to be a psychic of Dave's stature to predict two things:

1) The margin between the two major candidates will inevitably narrow between now and election day, and

2) Gas prices will continue to fall until approximately one hour after the polls close on November 4th.

It will definately take hard work getting out the vote and countering the whisper campaign (now that character smears are no longer official McCain policy) between now and the election. The GOP operatives claim McCain has a record of finishing strong and Obama weak. I say that Obama has shown a brilliance in building an organization and learning as he goes along-he keeps ramping up the game.

McCain has at least three more game changer flip flops in store between now and election day.

Most important prediction-stay tuned, because it isn't over yet by a long shot.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Originally posted by: Dari
I agree. Obama's gallup poll lead has gone from 12 to 7 in a week. It's far too early to celebrate.

Gosh, and I just heard it's broken into 10% for the first time.

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com
Originally posted by: Thump553
You don't have to be a psychic of Dave's stature to predict two things:

Gas prices will continue to fall until approximately one hour after the polls close on November 4th.

Actually in a lame effort they knocked gas prices down for a short while after the 2004.

It wasn't until February when they shot gas up towards $3 and beyond.

They danced around quite well up until the greed got the better of them this year.

Juddog

Diamond Member
Dec 11, 2006
Oh wow what a great plan McSame has - reduce tax on the wealthy! That will fix everything, yeah! :roll:

Farang

Lifer
Jul 7, 2003
RCP average is 6.8 and Obama also as an electoral advantage, according to 538, that means McCain has to counter an 8-point advantage at least in a swing state.

StageLeft

No Lifer
Sep 29, 2000
Yep the gap is thinning. How this can actually be occuring with McCain's recent campaign does nothing but entrench my disgust for many Americans' intelligence in general. I might as well be candid about it. Every time I think I hae seen the worst, they continue to impress by going lower.
Actually in a lame effort they knocked gas prices down for a short while after the 2004.
Who is "they", Dave? The orderlies at your mental ward who give you those pills every morning? Please do expound.