MistaTastyCakes

Golden Member
Oct 11, 2001
Well, I figured I'm at work most all day anyways and sleeping all night, and my PC sitting on doing nothing is kinda a waste of my electric bill, so I'm happy to join Team Anandtech for Seti@home :)

I only have one PC as it is but next time I head out to Florida I'm gonna get it running an a service on my parents' and grandma's PC's. Hopefully this baby'll be able to crunch some serious numbers :)

Anyways, just wanted to drop by to the DC forum and say hi :D

ICXRa

Diamond Member
Jan 8, 2001
Welcome to the TeAm MistaTastyCakes!

Glad you decided to join us:cool:

moriakaice

Mar 15, 2003
Welcome to TeAm !!

I am thinking if you could join us at ChessBrain - as this program don't take any processor power (here is topic at our Forum)... It will help our TeAm !! Think about it, as CB could be run along with another DC !!

moriakaice

Mar 15, 2003
Heh, maybe bad word.. it is takig so low resources so you won't even notice it !! That's why it is best to run it with other DC along !!

BTW. Ass(imilator) [:p] when I chcecekd it in task manager (or hovever you call this thing in Win XP/2k which shows you how many cpu power takes by every process) it shown that cbspn.exe isn't taking any percent (showing 0%)...

Robor

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: MistaTastyCakes
Yep, using the CLI client w/ the SETI driver like it says on the website and all is going well :)

Thanks!
Welcome to the TeAm! Great to have you with us. Nice rig you've got there as well. Getting 8+ WU's per day out of a single system is just sick. I remember when I started I was running 3 boxes at home and got only 6 WU's per day from them! ;)

Robor

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: moriakaice
Heh, maybe bad word.. it is takig so low resources so you won't even notice it !! That's why it is best to run it with other DC along !!

BTW. Ass(imilator) [:p] when I chcecekd it in task manager (or hovever you call this thing in Win XP/2k which shows you how many cpu power takes by every process) it shown that cbspn.exe isn't taking any percent (showing 0%)...
Hmmm... I'm curious about this... Would be interesting to see someone benchmark the Ars SETI WU with and without ChessBrain running as well.

Assimilator1

Elite Member
Nov 4, 1999
Originally posted by: moriakaice

But wouldn't that mean that Chess wouldn't make any progress making it pointless to run alongside SETI etc?.