Heroes of the Storm

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

IEC

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Jun 10, 2004
another reason not to use a dedicated sound card now, it will get you banned.

https://www.reddit.com/r/heroesofth...ion_to_the_peoples_who_got_ban_how_many_of_u/

Specific to Xonar cards it looks like, due to how it hooked into the game process.

But Blizzard already undid the erroneous bans, and according to them it was only a very small subset of the recent ban wave (read: most of the bans for cheating/hacking were legitimate)

http://us.battle.net/heroes/en/forum/topic/18300091763?page=1#0

lupi

Lifer
Apr 8, 2001
Have through Monday to log in and get a free Diablo and finish the treasure goblin quest, they go away with Tuesday maintenance.

Vivendi

Nov 21, 2013
There's the heroes of the storm blizz tourney going on right now. Connect your bnet acc with twitch and watch even a little bit of the stream to get a portrait. Portrait will be given next month I believe to those who tuned in today or tomorrow.

lupi

Lifer
Apr 8, 2001
They've announced that seasonal play will start soon. In addition to rewards during the seasons, previously season rewards will also be handed out so get into game and rank up for more stuff.

Last edited:

lupi

Lifer
Apr 8, 2001
Been leveling up more heroes to complete the unlocks for the different leagues to get in the rewards before season, and last one I started was tassadar in these weeks free rotation; first time I've played a char that I actually just don't like.

Vivendi

Nov 21, 2013
I've kinda stopped playing HoTS. I used to play enough to do all the daily quests. I'd pick a hero which would multiple quests at once. I stopped playing Hero League when they reset it last year and I didn't want to do the climb again.

I stopped altogether soon after the Li Ming release, mainly due to not having enough time, I still like the game a lot. I started it up again a few weeks back to check if I'd gotten Tracer. I played a couple QM matches and was kinda out of it for the first two, just learning to play against the new heroes.

Game feels really different, (in a good way) with lots of minor improvements. It also looks like they're making older heroes a bit cheaper. Maybe this reward stuff will get me back into the game.

lupi

Lifer
Apr 8, 2001
Wondered why my hero count wasn't going up for the ranked play unlock even though I got another over 5...and found out it's cause they don't count non-bought ones not currently free. That's a F me situation.

Vivendi

Nov 21, 2013
Well if they counted those heroes towards unlocking ranked, there could theoretically be a situation in draft where you are unable to select a hero.

I didn't know they had changed the requirements for unlocking ranked. It used to be that you had to be level 30 and had to own 10 heroes (free rotation didn't count). I guess the higher limit put in place makes sense now that there are bans. I think the new changes actually make ranked more accessible than before.

lupi

Lifer
Apr 8, 2001
From what I was looking at last night it does, which may be why they boosted the number.

Vivendi

Nov 21, 2013
From what I was looking at last night it does, which may be why they boosted the number.

They boosted the number to 14 because they added bans to draft now. It's the minimum number of heroes required to avoid situations where the last people picking are unable to do so.

Sixguns

Platinum Member
May 22, 2011
Just now getting into this game. Where is a good start for a ranged DPS hero?

CrowDog

Golden Member
Jun 7, 2001
Ive been using Raynor all day. A lot of fun.

Yea I like Raynor...I've played him enough to get his master skin. If you can learn to position yourself to make up for his lack of escape he can be really good.

Malladine

Diamond Member
Mar 31, 2003
Yea I like Raynor...I've played him enough to get his master skin. If you can learn to position yourself to make up for his lack of escape he can be really good.

Yeah and/or get the tier1 heal buff for early/mid ownage. Doesn't work quite as well late game cause burst.

Ns1

No Lifer
Jun 17, 2001
oh man I started playing last week based on this thread

a few sessions until 130am already =X

VashHT

Diamond Member
Feb 1, 2007
Got my 5th master skin a couple days ago (Xul), I still have a lot of fun with this game. Tracer was easily the fastest I got to master skin, she's so versatile that I usually do really well with her. Sadly I feel like the community is getting worse, seemed to happen right when overwatch came out. I'm guessing a lot of people went there and the cheap aholes were left behind, now there seems to be at least one jerk per game who complains every fight and then starts suiciding/afking after about 15 minutes due to some perceived error by teammates. Pretty disheartening because one of the things I really like about HoTS is that people are not as toxic as LoL or DOTA.

Edit: Have to add that I've been having a blast playing as Deheka, his tongue can be tricky to land but can have hilarious results.

Malladine

Diamond Member
Mar 31, 2003
Got my 5th master skin a couple days ago (Xul), I still have a lot of fun with this game. Tracer was easily the fastest I got to master skin, she's so versatile that I usually do really well with her. Sadly I feel like the community is getting worse, seemed to happen right when overwatch came out. I'm guessing a lot of people went there and the cheap aholes were left behind, now there seems to be at least one jerk per game who complains every fight and then starts suiciding/afking after about 15 minutes due to some perceived error by teammates. Pretty disheartening because one of the things I really like about HoTS is that people are not as toxic as LoL or DOTA.

Edit: Have to add that I've been having a blast playing as Deheka, his tongue can be tricky to land but can have hilarious results.

5th? !!! I have zero and have played 600 games. I have several lvl 9s and a ton of 8s, but still...

Dehaka is fun yeah. I played Xul for the first time the other day, powerful. Might buy him once i hit 10k gold again.