Heroes of Newerth

4eigner

Oct 30, 2012
Anyone here play? Since the addition of Mid Wars, games have been fairly quick.

It seems like a lot of you guys play LoL, but was wondering if anyone else played the other MOBA games.

Maleficus

Diamond Member
May 2, 2001
People play DoTA2 and LoL, HoN has been dead in the water for quite some time now, honestly I'm surprised S2 is still kicking. I Know the owner runs other successful businesses that he uses to fund S2 though.

If you haven't, i'd look into giving one of these 2 a real shot, as HoN has no future.

smackababy

Lifer
Oct 30, 2008
I still play a lot of HoN and a lot of people do as well. However, once Dota 2 goes out of closed beta, HoN will effectively die.

4eigner

Oct 30, 2012
Yeah, I'd like to get in to Dota2. I played a lot of Dota when it came out. Will see if I can get in contact with friends who play LoL. I'd just like to play with people I know. Solo queue'ing isn't so much fun at times.

sash1

Diamond Member
Jul 20, 2001
i used to, but now i'm playing dota2 and occasional LoL. community was always kind of small, and high mmr 10min queues got annoying.

smackababy

Lifer
Oct 30, 2008
It is a lot faster than Dota 2. I always go back to HoN and I shouldn't because Dota 2 just feel terrible afterwards.

inquiss

Oct 13, 2010
Yeah i still play quite a bit. Numbers are probably going to drop when DOTA 2 does come out of beta but, as was said above, it's a faster game and DOTA 2 doesn't feel right after. If you guys play and want to play a few games maybe give me a PM?

Clinkster

Aug 5, 2009
If S2 games stopped mismanaging the game at every turn, I might've stuck around longer. I moved onto LoL and now very pleased with DotA 2.

krnmastersgt

Platinum Member
Jan 10, 2008
The older forms of HoN were my favorite by far, vastly preferred to LoL and DOTA 2 but then when they went F2P and started copying more and more of LoL with new heroes every 2 weeks, gotta spend a ton of money to keep up with hero releases (or have a Legacy account) and money for skins again, along with destroying their already bad sense of balance. I just got tired of it, but a few of my co-workers apparently still play it so I might come back and play around a bit to see if they fixed it up (was horrendously buggy when I quit).

GoodRevrnd

Diamond Member
Dec 27, 2001
How much do you suppose a legacy account is worth? I should sell mine before DotA2 opens to everyone.

krnmastersgt

Platinum Member
Jan 10, 2008
Not more than $20 I would imagine since you can still create sub-accounts of existing legacy accounts.

Clinkster

Aug 5, 2009
The older forms of HoN were my favorite by far, vastly preferred to LoL and DOTA 2

That's an overstatement. DotA 2 is still in beta and it is looking far more polished than HoN during release. DotA has more heroes, better balance, and HAS matchmaking (HoN was late to that party iirc).

I will grant you, HoN had better graphics and great default announcer (and taunting, but I'm sure this will be added to DotA soon).

krnmastersgt

Platinum Member
Jan 10, 2008
I just liked the feel of the engine for HoN, I am aware that DOTA 2 is still in its beta form but it's pretty near its launch version so I'm not entirely sure it's much of a difference.

Anyways I'm trying to pick it back up if anyone feels like messing around with someone who hasn't played in a year. IGN is MysticFists.