Hero jailed

jonks

Lifer
Feb 7, 2005
http://www.breitbart.tv/?p=50204

6 years in prison? Give her a medal!! Where the hell were these teachers when I was growing up?

http://www.transworldnews.com/...y.aspx?id=37447&cat=14
Allenna Ward Sentenced to 6 Years in Prison For Sex With Teens

Atlanta, GA 2/19/2008 08:56 PM GMT (FINDITT)

Former Bell Street Middle School teacher Allenna Ward was sentenced to prison on Tuesday for having sex with 5 teenage boys, some of the students at her school. The 24-year-old pleaded guilty in September to three counts of second degree criminal sexual conduct with a minor and three lewd acts on a minor.

Ward was sentenced to 15 years in prison to each lewd act. She was sentenced to 6 years for each count of criminal sexual conduct. Her time for each lewd act was suspended to 6 years. Ward?s sentences will run concurrently.

?I apologize from the depths of my heart,? Ward said.

Police began investigating Ward last year when a note was found that the South Carolina teacher sent to one of the boys. Authorities say Ward met the teens, all 14 and 15 year olds, at the school, at a motel, a park and behind a restaurant.

Silver lining: she's got like, a zillion myspace friends.

-------------------------------------------
Based on the OP comments - this thread is being moved from P&N to OT

Senior Anandtech Moderator
Common Courtesy

piasabird

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
If this was a Man, it would be rape of each student and 20 years in jail. Interesting double standard. How much should you get for raping 5 young girls?

umbrella39

Lifer
Jun 11, 2004
Originally posted by: piasabird
If this was a Man, it would be rape of each student and 20 years in jail. Interesting double standard. How much should you get for raping 5 young girls?

Going to have to agree with you on this one. I wonder how young these boys would have had to have been for a rape instead of criminal sexual conduct conviction because it seems that 11-13 year old boys were too young for it to be considered rape.

Chryso

Diamond Member
Nov 23, 2004
Originally posted by: piasabird

No matter how much some people want to argue about it men and women are not exactly the same. For some things a double standard doesn't seem wrong.