Here's a way to prove that you're not an anti-semite...

Status
Not open for further replies.

SandEagle

Lifer
Aug 4, 2007
http://perezhilton.com/2012-01-27-j...s-mel-gibson-to-cover-whats-owed#.TySW4fnZFf8

The Congregration Beth Shalom, in Corona, cannot pay back a massive loan it took out, and has reached out to Mel Gibson to cover the costs - as a way to prove that he isn't Anti-Semitic!
The letter reads:
"Our proposal to you, Mr. Gibson, is since you have been cited as an Anti-Semitic, and have denied those allegations, what better way to prove to all your fans and the nay Sayers — than to endorse and help raise funds for our cause — SOS, Save Our Synagogue."
"Mr. Gibson, we offer you to be a Mensch and make a sizable contribution to our cause."

so, if i pay a dime to help run anandtech servers, does that clear my name here? even though it was a lie to begin with? lol the nerves of some people.

cybrsage

Lifer
Nov 17, 2011
They are desperate for cash. Their problem is they are leaning on the powers of man rather than on God. They are doomed to fail because of that.

epidemis

Jun 6, 2007
I actually think it's clever. It's a win for both parties, but especially for Mel Gibson

Abwx

Lifer
Apr 2, 2011
This demand is some kind of moral blackmail..

Not sure that this will push MB to be more jew friendly,
quite the contrary.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
The only thing worse than insulting a whole religion or race is being able to buy them off, which shows just how shallow humans really are.

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
I actually think it's clever. It's a win for both parties, but especially for Mel Gibson

How is it a win-win? for Gibson this ain't going to help. its going to look as if he is buying redemption. that is not possible.

as for the synagogue they are justifying to Mel gibson and every anti-Semite how they feel. they are trying to blackmail him into paying.

It looks as if both lose. but the Jewish religion looks worse for it.

GrGr

Diamond Member
Sep 25, 2003
Lol, just do as we say and you're not anti-us...

Mr. Billionaire, can you give me 10 million pls, I want you to prove you are not anti-me.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
why is it ok to be anti-anti-semite ?

Mostly, because this is a free country and the right to say something unpleasant is way more important than peoples feelings.

BUT, if all you can do it spew shit then you are part of the reason we lose rights in America: abuse.

Skyclad1uhm1

Lifer
Aug 10, 2001
'You're racist if you don't give us money!'

That really sounds like a good way to get people to like/trust you :p

Status
Not open for further replies.