Here is my moment of photographic genious today (yea right)

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

AndrewR

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: episodic
Originally posted by: AndrewR
Originally posted by: Gooberlx2
AndrewR:
If I were able to get a job as an underwater military photographer, I think I'd encompass all of my favorite subjects.

Replace military with nature and I'm right there with ya.

How about military subjects in nature? Macro portraits of military dogs under a waterfall? ;)

I'd like to do a 'places where war HAD been fought' photo documentary. That is as close as it gets for me.

I took a battle tour of Okinawa when I was stationed there and took some pictures of the various sites, which are completely different from what they were back then (obviously, but the difference is amazing). I hope to find a job in Europe, and I'd like to do the same thing at some places there. I really want to find the site where Henry V landed in Europe before he conquered France -- Harfleur. I went with my parents to Honfleur, but it's not the same village (picturesque though). Two letters make all the difference! :D

Gooberlx2

Lifer
May 4, 2001
Originally posted by: AndrewR
Originally posted by: Gooberlx2
AndrewR:
If I were able to get a job as an underwater military photographer, I think I'd encompass all of my favorite subjects.

Replace military with nature and I'm right there with ya.

How about military subjects in nature? Macro portraits of military dogs under a waterfall? ;)

I think you might be on to something there! ;)

I knew a photographer who said some of her best business (money and personalities-wise) was doing pet portraits. The other money-maker for her was weddings. From her description of her experiences (and my experience being the photographer for my sister's wedding) it would seem that pros must hate doing weddings, but they're a necessary evil if they want to pay the rent.