Help with X1800GTO

Simulat

Jan 14, 2001
I recently bought a Sapphire X1800GT0. I flashed the bios to that of an x1800 XL using Ati WinFlash 1.08 in the hopes of unlocking the 4 extra pipelines.

Now this is probably a very stupid question: but short of running various benchmarks, how do I see whether it worked or not? Is there a utility that says how many pipelines are unlocked?

I downloaded AtiTool - when I go to the settings, it says active pipelines "8" which is also what it said prior to flashing the bios.

Is there a problem here? Thanks in advance.

Munky

Diamond Member
Feb 5, 2005
You can try Ati Tray Tools, it also has system information display, including number of rendering pipes. But both of those apps only read what's written in the bios, which may or may not reflect the actual number of rendering pipes. The best way to find out if it worked is to run some benchmarks.

Nextman916

Golden Member
Aug 2, 2005
yah you could tell from benches, run 3dmark 05/06 and post your scores. Then you'll know if your card is unlocked.

Simulat

Jan 14, 2001
I was in the process of downloading 3dMark when I asked the question. I was just curious if any tool would be able to tell me immediately.

Unlocking the 4 extra pipes didn't seem to work. After running it with the X1800 XL bios, I flashed back to the 1800GTO bios to see if there was any difference but my scores were just about identical. I guess I will have to be satisfied with regular overclocking.

Avalon

Diamond Member
Jul 16, 2001
The new Rivatuner 2.0 RC 16 will tell you. But, from what I've seen, none of the Sapphire cards unlock. The HIS cards have been the biggest success, with Connect3D in second. Sapphire and Powercolor were in a distant last.