Help with wireless on my new laptop

sjvlad

Dec 7, 2005
Hey all, so I just picked up a Dell e1505 with an Intel PRO/Wireless 3945 802.11 a/g Mini card and it's been giving me some problems. When I turn my computer on it will work fine and access my network. I can get the internet and access files on other networked computers. Then, after about 6-8 minutes it will just stop working. I tried uninstalling the Intel wireless manager program and just letting Windows do it, but it is still having the same problems.

If I go into network connections after it has stopped working, the wireless connection shows as disabled, and if I try to re-enable it, it will hang there for about 30 seconds, then stay disabled.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

jlazzaro

Golden Member
May 6, 2004
shot in the dark, but check your power settings. i used to lose lan and wlan connectivity because my laptop would disable the nic and wireless cards to save power.

have you tried to stay connected while having AC power?

SanDiegoPC

Jul 14, 2006
Originally posted by: jlazzaro
shot in the dark, but check your power settings. i used to lose lan and wlan connectivity because my laptop would disable the nic and wireless cards to save power.

have you tried to stay connected while having AC power?

Yep :thumbsup: I agree that's one thing to try. Not sure if it's worth the frustration but you may call Dell's support and see if there's a bios upgrade or something for that computer - it could very well be a known issue to them.