Help with mounting projector.

Mar 11, 2004
Ok, recently sold a projector and mount (which I didn't use as I currently live in an apartment). Well the new owner is trying to get it setup but the mount did not include the M6 anchors which are mentioned in the instructions.

After doing a bit of searching it seems like the M6 anchor is basically a sleeve that you embed into the ceiling and then you insert the screw into it.

So the question is, where would be the best place to buy them (and any specifics if there's a certain type or anything) and maybe some tips on installing them.

TheCrackedJack

Jul 13, 2002
Sorry, but my projector is just on a table. Try projectorcentral.com or ask the question at AVS forums, lots of know it all there.

Mar 11, 2004
To be honest, I don't know what is really needed. The instructions just say to use the M6 anchor mounts to screw the mount to, and so I searched for M6 anchors. I noticed some said specifically about concrete and so I didn't know for sure if a specific type is needed or not. I had never really mounted a projector so I didn't know if maybe there was something that most people actually used or what. Do people normally just screw the screws directly into the ceiling or what?

Fritzo

Lifer
Jan 3, 2001
What's the projector's name? You could buy her (him?) flowers and take her (him?) to dinner first. I wouldn't try mounting until the third date though.

amdskip

Lifer
Jan 6, 2001
You need expandable wall anchors. They spread open and tighten against the drywall.

Mar 11, 2004
Originally posted by: amdskip
You need expandable wall anchors. They spread open and tighten against the drywall.

Is there any specifics needed? Can I just go into a hardware store and ask for expandable wall anchors for drywall and they'll be able to get what's needed?