Help with budget gaming pc

Froyomo

Jan 15, 2015
PLEASE when you POST threads asking for input on system builds tell us...

1. What YOUR PC will be used for. That means what types of tasks you'll be performing. Email,gaming (minecraft , battlefield , euro truck sim

2. What YOUR budget is. A price range is acceptable as long as it's not more than a 20% spread500 to 700

3. What country YOU will be buying YOUR parts from. Australia

4. IF you're buying parts OUTSIDE the US, please post a link to the vendor you'll be buying from.
We can't be expected to scour the internet on your behalf, chasing down deals in your specific country... Again, help us, help YOU. pccasegear.com.au

5. IF YOU have a brand preference. That means, are you an Intel-Fanboy, AMD-Fanboy, ATI-Fanboy, nVidia-Fanboy, Seagate-Fanboy, WD-Fanboy, etc.
No
6. If YOU intend on using any of YOUR current parts, and if so, what those parts are.none

7. IF YOU plan on overclocking or run the system at default speeds.default speeds

8. What resolution, not monitor size, will you be using? 720p on a dell monitor

9. WHEN do you plan to build it?
Note that it is usually not cost or time effective to choose your build more than a month before you actually plan to be using it. 6/15 to 12/15

X. Do you need to purchase any software to go with the system, such as Windows or Blu Ray playback software?
no

Aug 11, 2008
I doubt we will have skylake by june, but maybe a firm idea of what will be available and some indications of performance. Despite all the claims by intel, I will be surprised if we see wide availability of skylake before the end of the year.

sm625

Diamond Member
May 6, 2011
So your budget is $400 to $550 us dollars? Luckily you wont be needing much to power a 720p monitor. But still, your best bet would be to buy an off lease first gen i5 or i7 for around $300, and then add a GTX 750ti. Can you buy from Dell financial services? If so then just check slickdeals over the next few months and you will be able to get yourself a quadcore with 12GB of RAM for around $250 with a 40% off coupon code. That would leave you with enough money to buy a 128GB SSD and a GTX 750ti.

Edit: Actually they have such a sale going on right now. Use code WOOT40FS. The deals are real. I'm typing this on a quad core with 12GB of RAM that I bought there for $250. It even has a quadro 3800 video card. That is no big deal, but it does mean that the system was explicitly designed to take a decent video card. The quadro 3800 has a 100+ watt TDP. So I know without a doubt that my system could take a 750 ti, and there is nothing out there that could touch it for the price.

Last edited:

mfenn

Elite Member
Jan 17, 2010
www.mfenn.com
So your budget is $400 to $550 us dollars? Luckily you wont be needing much to power a 720p monitor. But still, your best bet would be to buy an off lease first gen i5 or i7 for around $300, and then add a GTX 750ti. Can you buy from Dell financial services? If so then just check slickdeals over the next few months and you will be able to get yourself a quadcore with 12GB of RAM for around $250 with a 40% off coupon code. That would leave you with enough money to buy a 128GB SSD and a GTX 750ti.

Edit: Actually they have such a sale going on right now. Use code WOOT40FS. The deals are real. I'm typing this on a quad core with 12GB of RAM that I bought there for $250. It even has a quadro 3800 video card. That is no big deal, but it does mean that the system was explicitly designed to take a decent video card. The quadro 3800 has a 100+ watt TDP. So I know without a doubt that my system could take a 750 ti, and there is nothing out there that could touch it for the price.

The OP is in Australia.

Froyomo

Jan 15, 2015

Im Australian and i am not sure if that will work.