Help with ASUS PK5 Deluxe

nishiyama

Oct 24, 2003
Hi guys,
I am looking for someone who is familiar with the ASUS PK5 Deluxe Mother boards for overclocking.

I want to try to overclock my system as I had it OC'd stable with my Abit IP35-E which I just replaced with this new motherboard but the BIOS is rather confusing and I don't want to risk not being able to post. Mostly to avoid dealing with the hassle of having to take out my Video Card again as it is a beast, and covers the jumper/batter on the MB. That and it was a tight fight in this Cooler Master Case I bought for it. (In fact I am looking to replace that case with something better if you all have any suggestions of one that will fit the larger cards such as the GForce 260)

What I had on my previous MB was:
EClock = 400mhz
multiplier = 8x
dram = 1 : 1.20
PCI = 100
Dram Voltage = 2.2

These were the notable settings which had me stable at 3.2 G.

Any tips to set up the same stable settings on this new board?

orion23

Platinum Member
Oct 1, 2003
AI Overclocking: Manual
CPU Ratio Control: Manual
- Ratio CMOS Setting: 8 (OR AUTO)
FSB Frequency: 400
PCI-E Frequency: 100
DRAM Frequency: AUTO (is your RAM DDR2 800mhz or 1066mhz?) set either to 800mhz...or if you have 1066mhz RAM, set it to the number closest to 1066mhz)
DRAM Timing Control: Manual (use your RAM's timings...4-4-4-12 or 5-5-5-15)
CAS# Latency: 4
RAS# to CAS# Delay: 4
RAS# Precharge: 4
RAS# Activate to Precharge: 12
TWR: AUTO
TRFC: AUTO
TWTR: AUTO
TRRD: AUTO
TRTP: AUTO
DRAM Static Read Control: Enable

Transaction Booster: AUTO
Clock Over-Charging Mode: AUTO

CPU Spread Spectrum: Disabled
PCIE Spread Spectrum: Disabled

CPU Voltage: 1.4 (you need to play with this voltage, this is your CPU voltage. Find out how much you really need. It might be as low as 1.3 or 1.35)
CPU Voltage Reference: AUTO
CPU Voltage Damper: Enable
CPU PLL Voltage: 1.50v
DRAM Voltage: 2.2 (Again, check your RAM's voltage requirement)
FSB Termination Voltage: 1.30v
North Bridge Voltage: AUTO
North Bridge Voltage Reference: AUTO
South Bridge Voltage: AUTO

Advance CPU Settings
CPU Ratio Control: Manual
- Ratio CMOS Setting: 8
C1E Suppport: Disabled
Max CPUID Value Limit: Disabled
Vanderpool Technology: Disabled
CPU TM Function: Disabled
Execute Disable Bit: Enabled
PECI: Enabled

Elstumpo

Sep 26, 2008
Originally posted by: Nishiyama
Originally posted by: Elstumpo
I can't help you with overclocking but on the large case subject I use an Akasa Eclipse 62 which is pretty huge depth wise.

http://www.akasa.com.tw/akasa_...s/spec_ak_bkcse_01.htm
How is the case design? easy access, sturdy parts?
This cooler master I have was not designed very well. Most of the clips are plastic and were not placed with enough space to move them around.

It's fairly sturdy, and very easy access just sliding the tray out and because it is so long theres a huge space between the edge of a regular motherboard and the end of your hard drives and cd drives which i really like.

Accord99

Platinum Member
Jul 2, 2001
Mostly to avoid dealing with the hassle of having to take out my Video Card again as it is a beast, and covers the jumper/batter on the MB.
In my overclocking experiments with my P5K Deluxe, I've never had to use that jumper. If the computer failed to boot due to over aggressive settings, all you need to do on the P5K is to power off, switch off the PSU, press the computer power button, switch the PSU back on and power on the computer. The MB automatically goes back to the default settings.

Elstumpo

Sep 26, 2008
Originally posted by: Accord99
Mostly to avoid dealing with the hassle of having to take out my Video Card again as it is a beast, and covers the jumper/batter on the MB.
In my overclocking experiments with my P5K Deluxe, I've never had to use that jumper. If the computer failed to boot due to over aggressive settings, all you need to do on the P5K is to power off, switch off the PSU, press the computer power button, switch the PSU back on and power on the computer. The MB automatically goes back to the default settings.

Exactly the same with my P5B-E.