help with a new tatto

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

buck

Lifer
Dec 11, 2000
ATOT is the last place you want to ask about tattoos. That being said, you really need to talk to an artist first, a good one at that.

mdbound

Jan 27, 2003
Just watch out for hepatitis C, which can not only be transmited by needles but by tattoo ink, which is not usually changed out between patrons.

MD.

Whisper

Diamond Member
Feb 25, 2000
Originally posted by: mdbound
Just watch out for hepatitis C, which can not only be transmited by needles but by tattoo ink, which is not usually changed out between patrons.

MD.

That's news to me, thank ya. So is it now common practice to ask the artist to switch out paints after each customer?

tasmanian

Diamond Member
Dec 22, 2006
Originally posted by: Topplayer
ok so im getting a tattoo and i want to look like a cyborg. on the side of my belly i am going to have a panel look like it fell off and gears all over the place, but i cant find a good picture of gears to show the artiest can some one help me find some pictures of gears moving around. i looked up gears and gear on Google no luck

Found the problem.

shekondar

Golden Member
Apr 10, 2003
Originally posted by: mdbound

MD.

BS.
If you're using a reputable artist, he/she will squirt a little bit of ink out into a disposable container - the ink is NEVER re-used. And if they aren't sterilizing the needles before use (or using new ones), run away. Any decent artist should be happy to show you that they're using sterile equipment & supplies.

And like buck said, this is probably the worst place to ask questions about tattoos - you'll have better luck at bmezine.com

mercanucaribe

Banned
Oct 20, 2004
Originally posted by: skywhr
ehh anti tattoo r-tards...

I think tattoos are cool, but this seems like a bad idea. It will never look right from more than one angle, and of course it will deform.

JulesMaximus

No Lifer
Jul 3, 2003
The only tattoo I've ever seen that I thought was remotely cool was on the mechanic at my local bike shop. He has a tattoo of a bicycle chain around both wrists. He's a gnarly looking old dude with some missing teeth but he knows so much about bikes and the history of bikes...it's cool talking with people who are passionate about their work. I really admire him for that.

JulesMaximus

No Lifer
Jul 3, 2003
BTW-OP, 20 years from now you're going to look at that giant tattoo on your body and wonder what the hell you were thinking when you got it. You'll regret it later.