HELP! Wife and I finished Dead Island

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Lumathix

Golden Member
Mar 16, 2004
Man your wife sounds awesome, wish mine would game with me. All she does is watch project runway and god damn cooking contest shows... She is a doctor too, I guess that is a plus.

Yeh she's pretty cool. She watches those shows too, Hells Kitchen, Masterchef, all that stuff on Food Network. But I just bought her a new laptop, and happened to buy one that can play games. So she's excited about it.

Lumathix

Golden Member
Mar 16, 2004
Boarderlands -> great
Hunted: The demon Forge -> 2 player.. not a real RPG.. but coop FPS.
Lost Planet 2: however its also a first person shooter.
two worlds 2: has multi player...

Hunted and Lost Planet would be too fast paced for her at this stage. She's a newbie gamer....not counting casual games.

Two Worlds sounds cool to me, I'll run that one by her. I already have Borderlands, so getting her a copy would be easy too.

Lumathix

Golden Member
Mar 16, 2004
Borderlands - coop
Serious Sam
Quake Live
Left 4 Dead / Left 4 Dead 2
Fortress Forever
Counter-Strike:Source Gun Games modification
Portal 2
Diablo II
Warcraft II
Diablo

FPS's are a no-go with her right now. I'll run the others by her. Haven't mentioned RTS to her yet. Hack n Slash might work.

Lumathix

Golden Member
Mar 16, 2004
Unfortunately for this option, they just missed a 50% off Steam sale on it. :(

Damn that sucks. Was going to pick it up, but with Rage released in a week or so, not sure I'll do Two Worlds at $49.99 x 2.

KaOTiK

Lifer
Feb 5, 2001
I can't remember 100% if it has coop (I'm pretty sure it does), how about Icewind Dale? It is an older game yes, but it is great and it is more action oriented then like Baulders Gate. It's on sale at GOG atm, though it is much normally anyways lol.

Lumathix

Golden Member
Mar 16, 2004
I can't remember 100% if it has coop (I'm pretty sure it does), how about Icewind Dale? It is an older game yes, but it is great and it is more action oriented then like Baulders Gate. It's on sale at GOG atm, though it is much normally anyways lol.

Damn, that was a good time. I'll ask if she'd go for a standard rps like that. (She's cleaning house right now so i'll wait till later to ask.)

Aikouka

Lifer
Nov 27, 2001
Hack n Slash might work.

I don't think anyone is sure about the release date, but you could keep an eye out for Torchlight II. Unlike the original, this one will have co-op, and it's still only $20.

Last I read was a post on the 23rd confirming that they plan to release "this year."

AVP

Jan 19, 2005
Global agenda is free to play and you guys could play both pvp and pve together.

Lumathix

Golden Member
Mar 16, 2004
I don't think anyone is sure about the release date, but you could keep an eye out for Torchlight II. Unlike the original, this one will have co-op, and it's still only $20.

Last I read was a post on the 23rd confirming that they plan to release "this year."

That'd be cool. Played first one. I think she'd like it

Lumathix

Golden Member
Mar 16, 2004
Well we settled on Borderlands. Got a Teamspeak server running on the LAN. She's likin it, thanks for all the input :)

Aikouka

Lifer
Nov 27, 2001
Well we settled on Borderlands. Got a Teamspeak server running on the LAN. She's likin it, thanks for all the input :)

A Teamspeak server... so, you're not in the same room? Sheesh... you even have her playing from the kitchen too! :p

thespyder

Golden Member
Aug 31, 2006
Even though it is an older game, I would really suggest Diablo 2. My Ex loved the first two so much that she wrote a letter in to PC gammer about how it was perfect (if I can find it online, I will repost). What it boiled down to was "Always accessorizing. Some shopping. Some bloody mindless violence that wasn't too hard paced." And co-op is loads of fun.

KaOTiK

Lifer
Feb 5, 2001
A Teamspeak server... so, you're not in the same room? Sheesh... you even have her playing from the kitchen too! :p

You act as if there is any other option. Sandwiches don't make themselves and pies to bake themselves either and beer doesn't grow legs to come to you!