Help w/ Netgear WGT624 v3 setup

koolhand

Apr 20, 2001
My original setup was using a D-Link DI-524 4-port wireless g router hooked to a Westell DSL modem going thr. Verizon DSL. Setup works fine, signal sometimes weak on the wife's laptop (Toshiba).

Thought I'll try the Netgear super G WGT624 v3 router as it was on sale at Staples. Updated the firmware. The problem is I cannot connect to the internet w/ the new router. I can connect if going directly from the Westell modem. Disabled my the firewall on the modem, etc. I can connect to the Netgear wirelessly and play w/ the settings, but no go connect to the internet.

My DSL connection does not require login/pwd, and I don't have to specify anything using my old D-Link router setup for it to work.

What am I doing wrong?

JackMDS

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 25, 1999
As far as I know Verizon DSL is PPPOE and thus uses ID and password.

You might not know about it coz you have the PPPOE software installed on your computer and it does it automatically for you.

May be this can Help, http://www.ezlan.net/PPPOE.html

:sun:

koolhand

Apr 20, 2001
I checked the settings on the old D-link router and it's setup for Dynamic IP Addr under WAN settings, and this was the option I picked for the new router. I've never had to enter any login...

JackMDS

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 25, 1999
Well, how about calling Verizon and asking them if you have an ID and Password.

:sun: