Help using 2 usb headsets at once...?

homebrew2ny

Jan 3, 2013
I am trying to get 2 logitech h390 usb headsets to work simultaneously on a laptop running windows 10. I havent actually tried it yet but everything I have read tells me it will not work out of box, so I am turning to the experts here.

Does anyone know a way to get both to fully work simultaneously ( both speakers and mic) ?

Thank you!

corkyg

Elite Member | Peripherals
Super Moderator
Mar 4, 2000
There are audio splitter boxes which should allow you to do this.

Mike64

Platinum Member
Apr 22, 2011
I am trying to get 2 logitech h390 usb headsets to work simultaneously on a laptop running windows 10. I havent actually tried it yet but everything I have read tells me it will not work out of box, so I am turning to the experts here.

Does anyone know a way to get both to fully work simultaneously ( both speakers and mic) ?

Thank you!
That's because Bluetooth is a purely one-to-one protocol, so any given transceiver can connect to only one headset at a time. Any possible solution will necessarily involve multiple Bluetooth transceivers. Offhand, I'm not sure if you can set up two Bluetooth adapters (like 2 USB devices, or a laptop's built-in BT plus one USB device) to connect the same source to each headset at the same time, but it might well be possible with a little tinkering. And I have no idea at all if anyone makes an external device with multiple transceivers. Seems like it would be a pretty small market niche, but something might be available...

I'm not all that familiar with the nitty-gritty details of BT implementations, but I would think that in general, if you can get 2 adapters working with one source, it wouldn't matter which specific protocol they use, so I wouldn't think (but can't say for sure) that being able to use the mikes as well as the headphones would be a sticking point...

Last edited:

homebrew2ny

Jan 3, 2013
I am trying to use 2 usb headsets, both with attached mic. However as an update...

Oddly enough, windows movie maker works fairly well with the recording utilising both mic's at the same time however sound is only available through one set.

I think my only real solution is to use 2 separate laptops via skype and a 3rd party app to record.

Mike64

Platinum Member
Apr 22, 2011
I am trying to use 2 usb headsets, both with attached mic. However as an update...

Oddly enough, windows movie maker works fairly well with the recording utilising both mic's at the same time however sound is only available through one set.
I'm almost shocked that you're getting input from both mics, given the fundamental one-to-one nature of the Bluetooth protocol. How do you have that set up?

corkyg

Elite Member | Peripherals
Super Moderator
Mar 4, 2000
Maybe it is because the Logitech H390 is USB, not Bluetooth. :)

Mike64

Platinum Member
Apr 22, 2011
Maybe it is because the Logitech H390 is USB, not Bluetooth. :)
As clearly noted in the OP, no less... /facepalm

How on Earth I managed to misread the one for the other, I haven't the faintest idea...:astonished: I even went back and re-read the OP, more than once I might add... <sigh, shaking head>

Last edited: