HELP - Two identical monitors. But one is showing vertical lines?? Is this interlacing? I am not sure

lektrix

Golden Member
Aug 9, 2003
I'm running dual DELL P2417H monitors on Extended mode, one on DP and one on HDMI. The primary screen looks normal to me but the secondary screen has subtle, vertical lines almost like interlacing. It's not physical damage or graphics card malfunction, definitely looks like some software setting or glitch relating to interlacing. Just to be sure I've swapped cables and primary/secondary settings and the issue is isolated to Screen #2. Intel HD Graphics CP settings have all been reset to Default, 1920x1080 @ 60p Hz. Color profiles all reset to default. Physical monitor settings and configs mirror each other after I reset them both to Factory Default as well.

Does anyone know what else I can try before I decide to replace Screen #2 with a brand new display??

VirtualLarry

No Lifer
Aug 25, 2001
Well, swap the displays, to start with, and see if the issue follows the display, or the video card output.

lektrix

Golden Member
Aug 9, 2003
It's the display, I swapped the "defective" Screen #2 from HDMI to DP and vice versa and I still notice the vertical lines or interlacing...