Question help sort out vddp/vddg/cldo

Soulkeeper

Diamond Member
Nov 23, 2001
I'm a bit confused over which bios option goes to what. Each motherboard seems to name them different.
My motherboard has "CPU VDDP" "VDDP Voltage" "VDDG Voltage" and of course "VCORE SOC".

Other websites or bios list names like "VDDP" "VDDG IOD" "VDDG CCD" and some include "CLDO" or similar combinations.

In my case, which of those is on the 7nm CCDs and which are on the 12nm IOD ?

5950x + gigabyte x570s aorus master here
thanks

Soulkeeper

Diamond Member
Nov 23, 2001
My best guess currently:
"CPU VDDP" - infinity fabric on the 7nm CCDs
"VDDP Voltage" - ddr phy on the 12nm IOD
"VDDG Voltage" - infinity fabric on the 12nm IOD

DrMrLordX

Lifer
Apr 27, 2000
Vcore SoC is the SoC voltage

VDDP and VDDG I don't know about specifically, though you are often asked to tweak those voltages when using Ryzen Memory Calculator.

Soulkeeper

Diamond Member
Nov 23, 2001
Yeah, the problem is some motherboard bios have two VDDG(one for CCD one for IOD) voltages and one VDDP(what used to be CLDO_VDDP).
Mine has only a single VDDG and two VDDP (plus VDDP1.8).
Also some run the voltages in "synchronous" mode, where a single VDDG adjust both the IOD and CCD fabric voltages.
I guess i'll have to email gigabyte to be sure what it's doing.

DrMrLordX

Lifer
Apr 27, 2000
Yeah, the problem is some motherboard bios have two VDDG(one for CCD one for IOD) voltages and one VDDP(what used to be CLDO_VDDP).
Mine has only a single VDDG and two VDDP (plus VDDP1.8).
Also some run the voltages in "synchronous" mode, where a single VDDG adjust both the IOD and CCD fabric voltages.
I guess i'll have to email gigabyte to be sure what it's doing.

That's actually kind of weird. I used Ryzen Master to tweak those voltages instead of digging into the UEFI settings so I noticed no such anomolies on my X570 Aorus Master. Downside being that I am now mostly stuck using Ryzen Master to tweak a few of those voltages on this motherboard.

Soulkeeper

Diamond Member
Nov 23, 2001
Ok, the "VDDG CCD" was hidden in the AMD Overclocking menu.
I guess the default was 700mv ...
I just don't understand why we need 3 sub menus for the same things in the bios these days.

DrMrLordX

Lifer
Apr 27, 2000
I just don't understand why we need 3 sub menus for the same things in the bios these days.

There are reasons for this that I read over on OCN years ago during Matisse's release. Honestly I can't remember why, but it had something to do with OEM decision-making and the overall complexity of AGESA implementation or . . . something. The end result is that AM4 UEFI menus tend to be a hot mess if you go for some of the more hardcore tweaking.

Reactions: Soulkeeper