help recording cassette to pc (mp3)

draggoon01

May 9, 2001
trying to record a cassette tape to mp3. i have TB santa cruz card. i have walkman headphone output connected to soundcard line input. i start up cool edit pro and start recording.

now the sound from pc speakers as walkman is playing is fine. but when i play back recorded file on pc, there's barely any sound. so i have to amplify it by 35db to get adequate sound level. the problem that happens is that there's big hissing noise coming out. i use noise reduction tools, but it doesn't completely remove noise and also reduces quality of sound. any help?

why can't it just record and sound the way it does when playing through walkman to pc to pc speakers? why does it record so low?

Bootprint

Diamond Member
Jan 11, 2002
Check you levels for recording through the volume control. Doesn't the Turtle Beach have a microphone boost, check that.

JoLLyRoGer

Diamond Member
Aug 24, 2000
Cassettes.. BAH! Just go on line and DL a good quality MP3 version. If the RIAA knocks on your door about it, whip out your trusty cassette and show those arseholes how you already own the license! I do believe you are protected by the information act of 1984 under these circumstances.