Help my Rocksmith conundrum.

CuriousMike

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2001
I purchased Rocksmith 2014 ( XBOX 360 version) for my boys for Christmas.
I've found myself playing it as much as them ( never played a guitar in my life. )

The issue is this ( long winded ): I had a launch 360 that RROD, was fixed by Microsoft, RROD'd again I paid to have Microsoft fix it, had the power supply go out ( I bought a used one from GameSTop), RROD'd again and paid a kid on Craigslist $30 to put it in his oven. That last fix lasted about 2 months before it died again and I put it in the garbage.

Late November, a guy at work bought a newer 360 and offered me his launch 360. I took it, it worked and thought "Rocksmith would be great on the TV. I'll buy it for the 360; Rocksmith can't be too taxing on the unit and give it a nice life."

Two days outside of Christmas, the unit won't read the disc ( was able to copy to HD shortly after ), freezes, won't read the disc (even though installed ), freezes and in general is dying and bringing out my rage.

It's convenient having the game on the living room TV - it makes it easy for people to get to and use.
But it's also on the PC.
And the PC isn't as convenient, because I may be using it to play BF4 while one of the boys wants to play Rocksmith.

I have 2 options:
1) Find a newer, 4GB XBOX on Craigslist for $100 and solve the issue.
2) Cut my losses, buy it on the PC and deal with it there. The small bonus I see with the PC is that the DLC goes on sale, so that would save me money in the longer run.

Anyone have a suggestion here ?

Fallen Kell

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
I have it on PC and enjoy it. The additional bonus is that future Rocksmith games (pretty possible at this point) will most definitely have a PC version, while they may not have a 360 version (will probably be a XBONE instead). As such, all the download content you buy/bought for the 360 will not transfer to the new version, where-as the PC version may very well transfer the DLC.

KentState

Diamond Member
Oct 19, 2001
Also, the PC version may have noticeably less lag than the Xbox depending on how you hook it up. I see that as one of the biggest complaints is that the Xbox/PS3 are tricky once you start getting more precise in songs.

Runes911

Golden Member
Dec 6, 2000
Wow, where do you have your 360s if they keep failing due to thermal issues? Also, I agree with the PC version suggestions.

drebo

Diamond Member
Feb 24, 2006
If the xbox has trouble reading the disc, take the disc back to wherever you bought it and get an exchange.

gorcorps

aka Brandon
Jul 18, 2004
I have it on PC and enjoy it. The additional bonus is that future Rocksmith games (pretty possible at this point) will most definitely have a PC version, while they may not have a 360 version (will probably be a XBONE instead). As such, all the download content you buy/bought for the 360 will not transfer to the new version, where-as the PC version may very well transfer the DLC.

I think you're calling that a little early. With the way digital distribution works now, I wouldn't be surprised to see more dlc transfer. All of the tables that I bought for Zen Pinball work on the ps3, vita, and now ps4. The ps4 compatibility was a surprise, but I think it marks the start of something that may become more widespread.

JoJoDawg

May 17, 2011
Build a second computer.
I 2nd this. :thumbsup:

I have 2 copies of the original Rocksmith on the PS3 one for the 1st purchase and then a sale copy for the cable. Then both original and 2014 for the PC.

The PC was miles better in use. Granted I do miss the jam outs with the tower speakers :( but not too bad on the old Logitech surrounds from back in the day.

magomago

Lifer
Sep 28, 2002
Wow, where do you have your 360s if they keep failing due to thermal issues? Also, I agree with the PC version suggestions.

LOL WUT? He has been using launch 360s, I'd be surprised if any heavily used pre-Jasper unit is still kicking.

IMO the PC route is nicest; you don't need a beautiful build or anything. You can get by with cheap cases, basic parts, etc. etc. I provided a link below, but I wouldn't be surprised if you could scrounge together a system that played the game on high details with relative ease. The FS/FT forum may be all that you want.

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/785943-Rocksmith-2014-PC-Mac-System-Requirements-Forums