Help me think of something interesting to do with chicken breasts

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

sourceninja

Diamond Member
Mar 8, 2005
Take the breasts, take some garlic and mice it up. Put the breasts in a glass baking dish, add shallots or boiler onions, a few cloves of garlic, and other aromatics, rub/sprinkle the minced garlic on top of the breats (keep some in reserve for the other side.) Season with salt and pepper.

Now pour a red wine of your favorite variety (The cheaper the better I prefer a Cabernet ) until it is halfway up the chicken. Cover with plastic and put it in the fridge for 30 mintues to an hour. Take it out and flip the chiken, add the rest of the minced garlic, cover and put it back in the fridge for another round.

Meanwhile I like to cut up some golden potatoes into bite size chunks, and season them with liberal amounts of salt/pepper. Then take out the glass baking dish, remove the cover and add the potatos. Add more red wine to refil the dish to halfway up the chicken. Stick this thing in the oven at 400 or so for an hour (you can go longer, just keep adding wine to keep it moist, you want the wine to boil out so it thickens, but you do not want the dish to go dry. You should not need to add any wine if you only cook for an hour). You can cook it hotter if you want, I've done it at 425 and at 375 with good effect.

Before it is done cook up some green beans and stuffing. Serve by scooping out the mixture with a slotted spoon onto the plate, adding the green beans and stuffing and then using a spoon, poor a little of the 'sauce' over the top for effect.

This is my single mans fancy meal to impress chicks. But its a very good meal. PS, if you are not sure how your oven cooks, check the chicken before serving it, nothing sucks more then a undercooked chicken.

Alistar7

Lifer
May 13, 2002
Originally posted by: Juno
Originally posted by: Alistar7
You can marinate chicked in only an hour, beef/pork takes a good 24 hours.

i usually leave my steaks marinated overnight in a COLD temperature.

Did I say leave the meat out at room temp? Common sense ftw....

lokiju

Lifer
May 29, 2003
Mojo marinade overnight or at the least for 30 mins before cooking.

Poke a bunch of little holes in the breast with a fork first though.

Bryophyte

Lifer
Apr 25, 2001
Tonight I'm making chicken breasts with pesto and serving it over fresh fettuccine with broccoli. I guess that breaks a couple of your rules, though I suppose you could substitute a non-wheat pasta and make the pesto without cheese. :)