Help me Pick Android Phone $400 Budget

xaeniac

Golden Member
Feb 4, 2005
Wanting to pick up the best bang for the dollar phone. Currently own a Oneplus6, but the camera is broken. Looking for a new phone. Can be used phone as well. $400 budget. Thanks for any insights.

Reactions: JoshuaM

lghost

Jan 1, 2001
In the same boat, I'm looking at the Pixel 3A and the Galaxy A50. Stalling for black Friday...

JoshuaM

Jul 14, 2020
As you are a one plus user, I'd recommend you to go for another feature-packed phone released by One Plus; the One Plus 7t. If you haven't had any hardware updates yet, one plus often provides genuine exchange policies while buying a new phone. This could further cut down your purchase cost.

NextGen_Gamer

Jun 29, 2020
Google's Pixel 3A for sure. Faster performance and better camera than the Galaxy A51. Galaxy A51 however does have a better screen, and "more" cameras (ultra-wide, macro, etc.). At $400, I personally think the Pixel 3A is the best choice. Motorola does have some good choices though if you want to spend less. The Moto G Fast ($199) and Moto G Power (currently only $229) both have great performance, great battery life, clean Android 10 build (with one promised update to Android 11 in the fall) and actually have decent camera quality now. The Moto G Fast and G Power are both unlocked for all carriers in the US.

However, if you can hold off a little bit, OnePlus will be showing off the OnePlus Nord next week on Tuesday. Rumors say it may or may not come to the USA, and we don't know the price for sure. I have seen it, again just rumored, as anywhere from $349 to $499. Since you are coming from a OnePlus phone, I thought you might be interested in knowing that.