Help me increase voltage on Tbird 1.4

tkdkid

Oct 13, 2000
I'm trying to help a friend fix some problems with an ECS k7s5a board. It is just randomly rebooting. The power supply should be fine (enermax 350). What I want to try to do is increase the voltage of the processor to 1.85 volts. The mb doesn't allow you to do this through the bios, so from what I understand, I need to pencil in some of the L7 bridges to get it. The only diagram I was able to find showed All L7 bridges except the rightmost one being connected. Can anyone verify this?

Boonesmi

Lifer
Feb 19, 2001
closing all of the L7 bridges changes the default to 1.85

some examples of L7 bridges
| | : | | . 1.75 (default for tbirds)
| | | : : . 1.775
| | | : | . 1.8
| | | | : . 1.825
| | | | | . 1.85

*** edit hmmm it turned some of my bridges into frowns :) so i added some spaces i didnt realize that": |" was a frown

Boonesmi

Lifer
Feb 19, 2001
if i remember right some of toms old articles (from when the tbird first came out) had the info so check www.tomshardware.com

ohhh just thought of another site.. (i use it to set bridges for multiplier adjustment but if i remember right it also has settings for vcore) let me find a link.... here ya go .... so i see you want to verify my info, hehehe

tkdkid

Oct 13, 2000
Well don't be offended or anything. I just don't want to screw up the processor....hehe.. I'm sure you understand.

DAPUNISHER

Super Moderator CPU Forum Mod and Elite Member
Super Moderator
Aug 22, 2001

<< The power supply should be fine (enermax 350). >>

Unfortunately that isn't always the case :( read This However,If it's a lower clocked CPU, then close all of the L7's to make the default 1.85 and it could resolve your problem as it worked for me with the K7S5A (fixed a boot failure problem using a 1.4T-Bird) they do mention that a 350w Enemax worked so check and see if his is of equal or superior specs to the 1 they used. Good luck and I hope the info proves of some use.

tkdkid

Oct 13, 2000
Preliminary results seem to show that the computer is now stable. We will be monitoring it closely over the next few days. Thanks for your help.

tkdkid

Oct 13, 2000
Uhm....no actually they don't.

And if I had wanted to buy an intel processor, I would have. I am an informed consumer and can make my own decisions.

Boonesmi

Lifer
Feb 19, 2001
actually it wasnt an amd problem at all

the problem is the ecs motherboard is notorious for requiring high end/high output power supplies