help me get over my internet addiction

EmperorNero

Golden Member
Jun 2, 2000
can't sleep...anand will assimulate me...AHHHHHHHHH!

hello, my name is emperornero and I'm an internetholic. the internet is taking over my life - grades are dropping, I'm losing sleep, my ass hurts, etc. any tips on getting over this addiction? such as links to sites, harsh constructive critcisms or whatever.

Isla

Elite member
Sep 12, 2000
buahhahhhahhaaaa!

Well, this is what I do:

No TV.

In order to get all my other work done AND have time for the Internet (especially this infernal place) I had to give something up.... I don't watch TV.

Good luck, man!

EmperorNero

Golden Member
Jun 2, 2000
but I rarely watch tv in the first place..maybe except for when batman beyond is on :). the problem is the internet, how do I stop using it so much? I have very little self control so I can't do it by myself.

hubbs

Platinum Member
Mar 26, 2000
Aren't we all addicted in one way or another. I mean last year I would sit down and watch good shows on TV now I'm shouting back and forth in the other room asking what was so funny.

Tis a sad thing isn't it.

JellyBaby

Diamond Member
Apr 21, 2000
<< the problem is the internet, how do I stop using it so much? >>

Ya gotta want it! ;)

Soybomb

Diamond Member
Jun 30, 2000
You suck, no one here likes you, and no one anywhere on the Internet likes you. You most likely stink and really should go get a shower already.

;)
really, just unplug the phone line for a while (don't turn it off or it cant be cracking rc5 hehe)

FrontlineWarrior

Diamond Member
Apr 19, 2000
unplug all your computer components, move it out of your desk and put it in your closet or something. after you lose your withdraw symptoms, reflect on how better you life is without being in front of a computer all day looking at anandtech forums. this reflection is critical in the process. then you should be able to realize that life is 1. possible without computer obsession =P and 2. probably better.

option2: take out all the good things in your computer (e.g. memory, video card, dsl/cable) so that you get some software rendering, slow loading, slow internet connection computer. that way you'll get so frustrated with your computer that you'll only use it when you REALLY have to. and, another side benefit of that is that you can send all your extra computer stuff to me, and i will be happy to make good use of them!

mztykal

Diamond Member
Apr 21, 2000
&quot;Get A Life!&quot; &quot;Get A G/F!&quot; &quot;Go Outside And Tan That Really Pale Skin Of Yours!&quot;

Wow, a burst of anger outta me. Damn this infernal place! It's bringing out the side of me that's been held down for.......

Ahahahahahahaha, die! Die, computer! Evil thing! Time to take over the world! First lets start at AOL. Damn stupid ISP. Can't do anything right! Then after I conquest that, onto Microsoft! Prices will drop! People will adore me! Hahahahahahaha! :D

What was I saying?

Oh well. Damn voices in my head. And I thought I had them under control...

-Sean (no i'm not crazy! it's them!)