Question Help me choose between these 2 video cards.

charlietee

Golden Member
Jul 27, 2001
Going to buy one or the other. The 3 fan models will not fit in my case. Both manufacturers recommend 600 watt power supply's. I have a Corsair HX520X. I understand the XT is a little more power hungry. But it seems for my hardware Asus Tuf X570 Plus WiFi...Ryzen 5 3600...2X8GB TeamForce Dark Pro DDR4 3200...512GB Corsair MP600 a decent 520 watt power supply should work. If it is a issue I will lower the voltage and clock on the XFX card. They are both available, at the moment and are priced the same at $369.99.

Seems like a no brainer to me...But...I have been out of the loop for many years and reading the spec's might as well be french to me...The XFX card seems to be the logical choice...But I would really appreciate some help on this choice..It would seem there are many things other than XT5700 versus XT5700 XT...RGB...voltage specs that I am unaware of...Read all kinds of reviews...Watched video after video.

You guys already save me from buying a 5000 and then a 580

Would really appreciate some feedback before I buy.

Thank you for any and all comments.

.https://www.asus.com/Graphics-Cards/DUAL-RX5700-O8G-EVO/specifications/

https://www.xfxforce.com/gpus/radeon-tm-rx-5700-xt-8gb-gddr6-raw-ii-only-at-best-best-buy

VirtualLarry

No Lifer
Aug 25, 2001
A decent-model RX 5700 XT for $369.99 is a pretty decent deal, most are $400+. I would jump on that, but FIRST, read some user reviews. Some RX 5700 XT cards (early 3rd-party ones) had issues with the coolers on some of them, and they would overheat, especially the RAM.

I have an XFX "reference" RX 5700 non-XT variety, that I got for $290+tax off of BestBuy, I think, maybe their ebay seller, anyways, I don't really game with it, just mine and watch videos, and run my 4K UHD desktop at 4:4:4. It works pretty well, but occasionally, I get these diagonal "sparkles", black specs, that constantly move around, when the RAM overheats, after a lot of mining. (I manually bump up the fanspeed, to keep "Junction Temp" under 90C, but still sometimes it over heats.)

charlietee

Golden Member
Jul 27, 2001
The Asus card I assume the components and build quality will be very good and should work well with the Asus motherboard. I have run XFX in the past with great results. One concern I have about the XFX, is since it is only sold at one of the big box stores they might have gotten XFX to cut some corners to make it less expensive.

Hard for me not to choose the XFX. The Asus on the other hand has compatibility and known build quality. The "reference" cards with the blower fan reviews I have read certainly leave a lot to be desired. Really have not been able to find much on the Asus card. The TUF cards seem to have been a disaster. Still on the fence. Geezz.

Shmee

Memory & Storage, Graphics Cards Mod Elite Member
Super Moderator
Sep 13, 2008
Hard to say, but I would make sure you read reviews on whatever card you consider and make sure it has a good cooler. The QA on coolers seems to be an issue with some of the cheaper cards from what I have seen.

charlietee

Golden Member
Jul 27, 2001
Going to get the Asus RX 5700...draws 180 watts compared to the XT's 225...36 compared 40 on compute units...and the clencher is it is $60.00 less expensive...one vendor has it in stock on July the 15th and the other states it is back ordered...Bank was closed and did not get the funds out of my bank account and into my debit card account until today.

It should hold me over until the Big Navi cards come out...Thanks again fella's...No 5000 or 580...saved me 60 bones...on what should be a very capable card for the time being, especially considering I have a 7850 in the box now.

As usual pushed in the right direction by the members here at Anandtech !!!

Thank you.

https://www.amazon.com/Overclocked-DisplayPort-Tarjeta-gráfica-DUAL-RX5700-O8G-EVO/dp/B07WRMT3BH/ref=sr_1_13?dchild=1&keywords=AMD+Radeon+RX+5700+XT&qid=1594054483&sr=8-13

Last edited: