HELP Installing New Printer Drivers??

cyberized

Nov 30, 2000
Can someone please help - Epson Techies have not solved the following:
Just bought Epson 875DC, a USB Only Printer, Install of EVERYTHING went w/o a hitch; then I went to their site to find a 9MB Driver Update, so I dnloaded and went to install the "old fashioned way" - NO Luck; cannot do thue Device Manager - Update Drivers.
E Mailed T. Support - they write back to give me long list of Must Do's to Install this in W'98; I go through the hoops BUT after a partial Install it stops and says to wait as Printer is C
onnected to Puter - that is it, goes NO further.
After that their Techie - basically is telling me it's my USB; Bios, Motherboard or something, BUT when I check my USB etc. in Device Manager, it is showing NO Conflicts, Working Properly etc. Everything.
My BIG question is WHY - their own USB Drivers off their CDROM and two other USB peripherals ALL install and work fine BUT when their Update Drivers will NOT install - "it is fault of something on this end"???? Common sense seems to say that it MUST be something in that PATCH - doesn't it?

Thanks

RustyNale

Platinum Member
Apr 14, 2001
Try this:
1 unhook printer from your comp

2 uninstall the drivers

3 reinstall drivers and update

4 rehook your printer back up to your comp

cyberized

Nov 30, 2000
Thanks Rusty,
BUT that is what I already done 2-3 times and that is when the NEW Drivers will not complete install - so I end up having to hook the Printer back up and then it loads up original drivers again.

TKS for Shot at it though.

RustyNale

Platinum Member
Apr 14, 2001
Did your printer work with the old drivers? And now you can't get the update to load? Is the update an exe that you can just run?

cyberized

Nov 30, 2000
Please READ my original post - the questions you now ask were answered in it - I believe. BUT: to re-answer -
The Original USB Drivers, software, etc. ALL Load Fine- and operate the Printer. They STILL run/operate the Printer.
The UPDATE is what will not load all the way and install on my computer.
And yes there is an EXE file in the UPDATE which is used to start the update process AFTER ALL previous Drivers etc. are removed - - - and after I remove EVERYTHING they tell you to, Printer dis-connected, the UPDATE will NOT install all the way. This is weird - because original drivers work fine.?????

RustyNale

Platinum Member
Apr 14, 2001
Hmmm, good question, if the printer's working fine, it almost sounds like the newer (update) drivers aren't compatable with your machine. Unless you really really need them, I'd go with what works. Sorry I can't help you further...:(