Help!! I get stutters in every game.

Sunehildeep

Nov 12, 2015
i get stutters in every game i have and buy. they are like freezes less than a second for every 2-3 seconds.help please.when i had my previous gpu-zotac nvidia geforce 8400gs everything was working smooth without stutter.now my gpu is gainward nvidia geforce gt 610 and i have stutters in every game even in low end games.i can play cod bo II at highest settings. all my games have high fps but below 50fps. why am i having these stutters and please i beg you not to tell me to upgrade. here in our country everything is very much costly and i am not that rich. please help!!

Sunehildeep

Nov 12, 2015
cpu-intel pentium dual cpu e2200@2.20ghz
ram-4gb
gpu-gainward nvidia geforce gt 610
mobo-e-spectrum g31

CPA

Elite Member
Nov 19, 2001
Sorry, but upgrading is probably the only solution, starting with your Ram. I'm not even sure how you run Win7 on 4gb ram, unless, that is you're not running Win7. In any case, 8GB should be the minimum, but there are smarter folks than I who may have a different solution. BTW, what country are you in and why can't you order from out of the country?

Sunehildeep

Nov 12, 2015
Sorry, but upgrading is probably the only solution, starting with your Ram. I'm not even sure how you run Win7 on 4gb ram, unless, that is you're not running Win7. In any case, 8GB should be the minimum, but there are smarter folks than I who may have a different solution. BTW, what country are you in and why can't you order from out of the country?
i live in India. but whats the problem, when i had my previous gpu everything ran perfect and without stutters

Fallen Kell

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
I think it could be your driver installation. Try using a driver cleaner program like DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller). Perform this in safe mode and then try re-installing the latest drivers for your video card.

Denithor

Diamond Member
Apr 11, 2004
C'mon guys, 4GB is still plenty to run just fine, especially an old game from 2012.

Sunehildeep, I think you're saying you upgraded from 8400gs to a GT 610 and now all your games stutter? Where they didn't used to on the 8400gs? If this is the case, you might have a defective 610. I would check that first by running some GPU benchmarks (notably Furmark) and watching for artifacts during the run (evidence of overheating or bad chip or memory on card). Doing a clean driver install like Fallen Kell mentioned is also a good idea (before you run Furmark).

sweenish

Diamond Member
May 21, 2013
That 610 is literally a side-grade.

I suppose that means it should be performing pretty much the same as the 8400, so you still have a problem that needs looking at.

Before even doing a clean driver install, I'd make sure the innards are clean. Get the dust out, make sure the PC can breathe.

Then maybe a clean driver install.

Then just blame old hardware. That stuff doesn't stay pristine forever.

Fallen Kell

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
That 610 is literally a side-grade.

I suppose that means it should be performing pretty much the same as the 8400, so you still have a problem that needs looking at.

Before even doing a clean driver install, I'd make sure the innards are clean. Get the dust out, make sure the PC can breathe.

Then maybe a clean driver install.

Then just blame old hardware. That stuff doesn't stay pristine forever.

It really isn't a "side-grade". The 610 should be about double the speed of the 8400gs according to all the benchmark sites (that being said, it is not a going to win speed records, but it is a heck of a lot better than the previous card).

sweenish

Diamond Member
May 21, 2013
You're right, I read a site wrong. They used their own score in a chart comparison instead of any actual performance numbers. The scores were similar, and here we are.

I found a better site that showed the difference.

Sunehildeep

Nov 12, 2015
xantub as Denithor said its right i upgraded from 8400gs to gt610 but before 8400gs....... ok i am starting from the beginning. at the first i had xfx gpu in which id didn't had stutters after that i had 8400gs in which also i didn't had stutters then i had amd gpu in hwich i had so much stutters then i had gt210 in which also i had stutters and finally gt610 with same problem too

Fallen Kell

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Were all of these on the same Windows installation? (In other words, you only installed Windows 1 time and simply upgraded the hardware and changed out the drivers each time you changed video cards?)

If you went back and forth between Nvidia and AMD drivers with just simply using the uninstall driver without a Windows re-installation, I can 100% certain that your problem is related to the drivers. You need to go get DDU and use it to clean up all the crap that the multiple different video card vendors have left on your system:

http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html

Denithor

Diamond Member
Apr 11, 2004
Agreed, didn't realize how many cards you installed there. First step, clean driver installation. Check for stutters. If gone, problem solved. If still there, report back and we'll try some other ideas.

:)

Sunehildeep

Nov 12, 2015
Agreed, didn't realize how many cards you installed there. First step, clean driver installation. Check for stutters. If gone, problem solved. If still there, report back and we'll try some other ideas.

:)
i installed every card with a fresh windows installation for each card with each new windows installation

xantub

Feb 12, 2014
When it's stuttering, look at the hard drive light. If it's flashing, means the computer is using the disk. Most probably because it has no RAM available so it's paging stuff down. If that's the case, upgrade to 8GB RAM.

Seba

Golden Member
Sep 17, 2000
I don't think that for a configuration with E2200 2.20GHz and GT 610, having 4GB of RAM is a bottleneck in games.

GT 610 is a very weak card, but it should still be better than 8400GS. Since other components (CPU, MB, RAM, HDD, etc are the same), if it is not a software/drivers problem, then it must be something wrong with the GT 610 graphics card (overheating for instance). Unless you are testing with different settings or with different games.

balloonshark

Diamond Member
Jun 5, 2008
If you anti-virus has a game mode give it a try only when you're playing games. You can turn game mode back off when you're finished gaming.

aaksheytalwar

Diamond Member
Feb 17, 2012
Nobody will tell you this, but your GPU may be overkill for your CPU after the upgrade.

Either go back to the old GPU or upgrade your CPU to something more recent.

People may disagree but believe me I am extremely experienced in exactly this problem, and this might be the old solution.

Obviously I am assuming everything apart from the GPU change is constant.

Sunehildeep

Nov 12, 2015
Nobody will tell you this, but your GPU may be overkill for your CPU after the upgrade.

Either go back to the old GPU or upgrade your CPU to something more recent.

People may disagree but believe me I am extremely experienced in exactly this problem, and this might be the old solution.

Obviously I am assuming everything apart from the GPU change is constant.
can i upgrade my cpu to core 2 duo @3.00ghz will it benefit me?