HELP! i can't remove Logitech Setpoint

LOUISSSSS

Diamond Member
Dec 5, 2005
so i just got my new mx revolution mouse and installed the latest setpoint from the logitech website. It didn't show any the "my mouse" tab which i was told was supposed to be there (can someone confirm?) so i'm either looking for a way to get that tab to show so i can utilize the features of my mouse, or uninstall the software and reinstall the ones that came with it on the disc.

i went to control panel and add/remove programs and removed it, it removed it very quickly, as if it did nothing at all. so logitech is no longer in my add/remove program files.

i went to safe mode and its not there either...

how do i remove this software?

bruceb

Diamond Member
Aug 20, 2004
First be sure it is not running in Task Manager
Next check C:\Program Files for any Logitech folders
Also under Docs & Settings\Application Data and also
under any user IDs ... remove any
Check the registry for anything relaled to Logitech or Sepoint
Remove any entries. I would then reboot and reinstall the program.
It should install fine and have the tab you mentioned. I have it on
my computer with the MX1000 and it works fine.

LOUISSSSS

Diamond Member
Dec 5, 2005
thanks thanks i was actually going to do that once i was done doing my Memtest86+ run on my RMA'd crucial ram.

so 1, kill the process, exit the program from taskbar
2, remove setpoint from registry startup
3, search for "logitech" in all drives and delete any and all entries that relate to the logitech mouse
4, reboot
5, if reboot goes well and search shows nothing, then reinstall correct logitech version.

LOUISSSSS

Diamond Member
Dec 5, 2005
ok i got it and boy was that freaking retarded of logitech.

so to remove setpoint v4.4 (the latest from logitech.com) that didn't show the mouse configuration buttons for my mx revolution and only had the TOOLs bar which is 99% useless i had to:

uninstall from control panel
search for everything "setpoint", delete
search for everything "logi", yes i had to uninstall my logitech webcam too
search for everything logitech in my registry "regedit" from Run.
boot into safe mode, delete everything i couldn't delete in normal mode (this took me about 30 minutes to realize)

reinstall logitech software from CD (working so far)
reinstall logitech webcam software (currently)

bruceb

Diamond Member
Aug 20, 2004
You would think that would already be in Setpoint 4.40
As to the uninstall, Logitech says to just do it the normal
way. It usually works that way, but you must remember to
stop the app before you attempt an uninstall.

Old Hippie

Diamond Member
Oct 8, 2005
Originally posted by: IsLNdbOi
There's a patch to get the MX Revolutions buttons to show up in the latest SetPoint:

http://updates.logitech.com/lo.../devices/1/100006d.exe

Thank You, Thank You, Thank You!:thumbsup:

I've been going thru the same thing as Louiss.

I uninstalled, reinstalled, and just for shits and giggles, did it again. STILL no mouse!

Logitech really outta make an uninstall software like Norton, HP, and others.

Did I say "Thanks for the MX fix"? :beer: :thumbsup:

LOUISSSSS

Diamond Member
Dec 5, 2005
Originally posted by: Old Hippie
There's a patch to get the MX Revolutions buttons to show up in the latest SetPoint:

http://updates.logitech.com/lo.../devices/1/100006d.exe

Thank You, Thank You, Thank You!:thumbsup:

I've been going thru the same thing as Louiss.

I uninstalled, reinstalled, and just for shits and giggles, did it again. STILL no mouse!

Logitech really outta make an uninstall software like Norton, HP, and others.

Did I say "Thanks for the MX fix"? :beer: :thumbsup:

what did installing this .exe file do for u? did it fix ur setpoint 4.40? i'm VERY VERY hesitant to install that POS again. i'm using 4.24

Synomenon

Lifer
Dec 25, 2004
Louisssss, what problems have you been having with SetPoint? SetPoint + uberOptions works very well for me. NP OH ;)

I've had that problem before where a program uninstalled very quickly and it really didn't uninstall. It's not a SetPoint problem. More of a Windows problem. One way to fix it is to reinstall the same version of that app. you're trying to uninstall, then after re-installing it (and letting Windows restart if the installer recommended a restart), uninstall it.

LOUISSSSS

Diamond Member
Dec 5, 2005
Louisssss, what problems have you been having with SetPoint? SetPoint + uberOptions works very well for me. NP OH ;)

I've had that problem before where a program uninstalled very quickly and it really didn't uninstall. It's not a SetPoint problem. More of a Windows problem. One way to fix it is to reinstall the same version of that app. you're trying to uninstall, then after re-installing it (and letting Windows restart if the installer recommended a restart), uninstall it.

what exactly is uberoptions? i'm willing to give it a try since i got my setpoint 4.24 working. v4.40 was the version that i wasn't able to uninstall and remove all of its components...

Old Hippie

Diamond Member
Oct 8, 2005
what did installing this .exe file do for u? did it fix ur setpoint 4.40?

I never really had a problem with it, except for not seeing the MX mouse. At boot, my machine would always find new hardware and want to reinstall. The control panel with uber-options would work, but only for the diNovo KB.

But you're right about the uninstall. I had to do a search for all Logitech files, and then ran a registry cleaner.

Synomenon

Lifer
Dec 25, 2004
Yup. Install SetPoint. If it doesn't show the MX Revolution when you open SetPoint, close SetPoint (right click on it in the taskbar and exit it) then install that patch I linked to above. After you install that patch, open SetPoint again to make sure it shows the MX Revolution.

After those steps, close SetPoint (right click on it in the taskbar and exit it) then install uberOptions.

LOUISSSSS

Diamond Member
Dec 5, 2005
just installed it successfully over setpoint 4.24. didn't get a chance to play with any of the settings yet tho...

LOUISSSSS

Diamond Member
Dec 5, 2005
anyone have any idea how to set the MX Revolution "search" button (thats the default tast for the middle button under the scrool wheel) using UBEROPTIONS? i used that button a lot but now i can't figure out how to set it in uberoptions

bruceb

Diamond Member
Aug 20, 2004
Not sure in uber as I do not use it yet. But in Setpoint on the main mouse
menu, where it shows the mouse picture, you select which button you
want to customize, then select from a drop down of choices. Or if you need
to enter a Key Combo if that is what you need. Should be similar in uber.

Synomenon

Lifer
Dec 25, 2004
uberOptions isn't a separate program. All it does is add alot of new functions to the buttons that SetPoint lets you customize. All you have to do to customize that search button under the scroll wheel is to select it in SetPoint:

2. Select Button

-> It should be button 6.

then under "3. Select Task", choose what you want it to do.

Come on guys, it's not that complicated.

If you're still confused on how to use this stuff, I advise you to read up on the uberOptions website and on Logitech's forums.

LOUISSSSS

Diamond Member
Dec 5, 2005
uberOptions isn't a separate program. All it does is add alot of new functions to the buttons that SetPoint lets you customize. All you have to do to customize that search button under the scroll wheel is to select it in SetPoint:

2. Select Button

-> It should be button 6.

then under "3. Select Task", choose what you want it to do.

Come on guys, it's not that complicated.

If you're still confused on how to use this stuff, I advise you to read up on the uberOptions website and on Logitech's forums.

so if i want my MX revolution to have that same "search feature" to open up a new window and google whatever i highlight on a webpage its "button 6?" because when i tried to assign that search button to "MX Rev: Search" it didn't do anything.

Synomenon

Lifer
Dec 25, 2004
First, when you open SetPoint, does it your MX Revolution show up as "MX Revolution mk2 uber"? If not, then your search button might not be button number 6. Why not go through that whole list of buttons under the column "2. Select Button" until the button you want is selected? It does highlight each button as they are selected.

Once you find the correct button, select "Other" under the column "3. Select Task". Once you select "Other", press the "Select Function" button and under the "Select Task" drop-down menu, choose "MX Rev:Search".

Then press the "Apply" button then "OK".