Help! How do I mount 5.5" drives in an SX830???

Keeksy

Dec 25, 2000
I got my SX830 today and started installing my parts, when I realized there are no screw holes in the 5.5" drive cage. How am I supposed to install my CD-Drive without screwing it to the cage? Please help. :(

ChemicalAgent

Dec 10, 2000
I will be getting my sx830 on thursday, but I have seen and messed around with one before. It should have drive rails on the bottom of the case on the inside that you can screw onto your drives, and then slide them into the bays.

Keeksy

Dec 25, 2000
There are two white platic thingies glued to the bottom of the case. Are they it?

AMD4ME2

Jul 25, 2000
Ut Oh! the things glued to the bottom of the case are the things that hold the drive rails. if there aren't drive rails there you have a problem. there should be 6 drive rails that you can slide out of the glued holders.

AMD4ME2

Jul 25, 2000
also.. a quick note.. I had thought that I didn't get a manual when someone here alerted me to the fact that the manual is behind the motherboard tray, and can be found by taking off the other panel.

goophie

May 18, 2000
My drive rails came in a white box that came in the case. I ordered for onvia a while back. You didn't receive any boxes with drive rails and screws and stuff?

They are long, white and plastic with metal ends. You screw them to the side of your cdrom with the metal ends point out at the face of the cdrom, then as chemicalagent said, you slide them into the grooves in the drive cage.

Keeksy

Dec 25, 2000
:) Thanks guys! I found my manual and rails right where you said. Time to overclock! :)