Help..Help..I'm being repressed....

JoeDaddy

Banned
Jul 7, 2000
Ok, I need everyone's help here. I need some opinions and some sources for some hardware.

Heres what I need:
(1) 92mm fan & (2) 92mm fan guards-I need this to move alot of air, but be as quiet as can be. What fan would give me the best of both worlds?

(1) 80mm fan & (2) 80mm fan guards-I need this to move alot of air, but be as quiet as can be. What fan would give me the best of both worlds?

(2) 150mm fan guards

I would like to replace the fan in my 300watt P/S with something that pushes a bit more air, any ideas? It looks like a 80mm fan. But it has to be quiet as well.

Thanks guy.

Also any vendors that accept PayPal would help too.

Supradude

Golden Member
Nov 3, 2000
don't know bout those 150 mm guards
but everything else you need you can get from 2cooltek.com

Supradude

Golden Member
Nov 3, 2000
woops, you had questions... the sunon fans are pretty good flow/noise ratio, the high outputs are really good cooling wise, but are noiser... 2cooltek has decibel levels listed for the fans he sells so you can compare them there...

Tsaico

Platinum Member
Oct 21, 2000
Beleive it or not, the rubber foam pads in cheap mouse pads make great sound insulators!!! (They also make great insulating parts to making kits for high power peltier) I used a glue gun to affix them to the inside of my case panels. WHile not as quiet as when I didn't have the fans ( i have four 92 MM fans) it did help a lot. The mouse pads were just free smaples collecting dust and I was bored. SO good luck....

AirJames

Oct 22, 1999
You could also check out this place:TeamAwe. I bought 3 120 mm panaflo's which are the quietest and coolest fans around. Panasonic makes some of the quietest out there and are pretty efficient. Esp. their' 80mm's which push 24cfm or so and are 21 db each.. I think, you can check out the panasonic sight for them.Panasonic