Help!! Dell ordering issues

insanity2

Apr 10, 2005
Does anyone know of a phone number I can call and get some real results from? A manager or somebody higher up? I am tired of dealing with some new guy and his case manager who never gets anything accomplished except more delays.

Way back in the beginnning of June, I order the Logitech Z-5500 speakers with free standard shipping for $259. I put in my FPO military address and it accepted it fine. Even said it would ship them USPS mail, like I selected. Well, somehow, while I was waiting for my order to arrive, the shipping method got changed to DHL. DHL turned around and gave it to UPS, who then sent it back to the shipping center in Ft Worth saying they can't deliver to FPO/APO addresses.
So I called Dell naturally and after wading through their friggin' annoying menu system and finally getting to talk to a human, they tell me I need to reorder the speakers. So I try reordering, and I am told that they can't guarantee how the speakers will get shipped out..BS.
July 6th I try again with another "customer care" person. They write it up as a lost shipment and put in an order to resend it to me. Everything is fine so far. I get an email this past Thursday telling me my order has been cancelled and to contact them. I called them and now for some reason, the "back office" changed the order number and now the speakers are still "in production" with a delivery date of Aug 7-9.

I am so pissed off with damn Dell. Just another stinking company who cares only about money. They sure as h*ll charged my credit card $259 for the speakers though back on June 22nd. Now they say any compensation will have to be discussed after I receive my speakers....whenever that finally happens.

I feel a little better now that I ranted, but does anybody have a contact in Dell that can actually fix this situation?

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
Sounds to me like the best bet would be to cancel the order with Dell & go with a competent vender instead ... a smaller company is more likely to take care of you.

Fraggable

Platinum Member
Jul 20, 2005
Go to the BBB.

I dont' know why people hesitate to do that. It's really a great resource for us customers who order from crappy companies.

Oct 20, 2005
1. Cancel order with Dell if at all possible
2. Dispute charge with CC company
3. If the speakers still get sent to you, just refuse shipment
4. Find speakers from other vendor (Newegg, Buy.com, etc) and buy from them
5. Tell Dell to suck it hard and long

codeyf

Lifer
Sep 6, 2000
Originally posted by: Schfifty Five
1. Cancel order with Dell if at all possible
2. Dispute charge with CC company