help capturing with 2 cards

neit

Dec 6, 2001
hi

I need to make a tv show for school, and since among my friends i had the most capable machine, we decided to use it as our editing box.

I have a gf3Ti200 in my agp, and my friend gave me an ati 128 rage pro all in wonder 16 meg pci card. Now i installed it and when i booted into windows it seemed to work fine. I installed the latest xp drivers from ati's site.

The problem comes in a few things. I was not able to use the tv tuner until i rebooted my machine and changed the primary boot card to pci. I plugged the monitor in to the ati card and it booted up and i switched my settings so that the pci card was the primary display.

The tv tuner works, but i still can't get audio from the coax, is that normal? I tried capturing in windows movie maker, and it wouldn't pick up the audio from ati's dongle that allows for composite input.

My goal for this is to be able to hook my monitor from the gf card (for obvious, gaming reasons), to be able to capture video from composite/tune tv, and some how be able to get audio from my cable.

PC components:
Athlon xp 1600+
256 MB DDR ram (266 MHz)
MSI 266A pro2
IBM 60 gig 7200rpm HD
generic nic
Windows XP home edition
Xtasy gf3ti200 64mb

Last edited:

rbV5

Lifer
Dec 10, 2000
You still need to connect the AIW to your soundcard. With my AIW Radeon's, you can do it 2 ways.

*Externally, this is the prefered method, I just hook the audio out of my Radeon (its on the multi-gang adapter for the cards output, not on the input dongle) into the line-in of the soundcard like so:External Connection
*Internally, you can also hook the sound internally using this method: Internal Connection.

Good luck!

neit

Dec 6, 2001
heh, i finally figured that out =)

Now my problem is if there is any way to hook my geforce as my main card (ie bios set to boot off agp and windows uses it as primary display). Right now if i change the bios setting to pci (the aiw) it will not allow me to capture tv. It's forcing me to use the aiw as my primary card, which is no good if i wanna play cs and capture in the same night (which will be pretty often in the near future).

Last edited:

powerMarkymark

Platinum Member
Jan 29, 2002
If you wish to use the multimedia capabilities of your ATI card it MUST be set as your primary vid card in the bios. There is no work around for this.

HTH

Mark