Hello all forum members, what is your specialty?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Beau

Lifer
Jun 25, 2001
www.beauscott.com
Originally posted by: hammer09
You forgot to add the iguana.

Originally posted by: Beau6183

What kind of sauces? Usually a little sauterne white cooking wine reduced, add some garlic, some butter, and some heavy whipping cream. That's an easy base for any specialty white sauce.

:Q Ass Iguana to be exact. If you have difficulty finding any, PM Fausto1... he has plenty to go around.

DanFungus

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2001
Originally posted by: DanFungus
<--high school student....blah
And how do the chinese resteraunts (mostly go to chinese retaraunts) tenderize the beef so well? It always tastes so good.....

Salt rubs.

damn you're fast...anyways...where do i get "salt rubs" ? I searched google, and at first, I found stuff from bath and body :Q
This kind of a thing?

<--never heard of a salt rub for meat

Beau

Lifer
Jun 25, 2001
www.beauscott.com
<--high school student....blah
And how do the chinese resteraunts (mostly go to chinese retaraunts) tenderize the beef so well? It always tastes so good.....

Salt rubs.

damn you're fast...anyways...where do i get "salt rubs" ? I searched google, and at first, I found stuff from bath and body :Q
This kind of a thing?

<--never heard of a salt rub for meat

haha... no, it's really not that difficult. Just massage some salt into the beef and let it sit at room temp for 30 minutes prior to cooking.

Hammer

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
Watch out, he may hire luvya to come after you if you keep that up. :Q

:Q Ass Iguana to be exact. If you have difficulty finding any, PM Fausto1... he has plenty to go around.

Shelly21

Diamond Member
May 28, 2002
What kind of sauces? Usually a little sauterne white cooking wine reduced, add some garlic, some butter, and some heavy whipping cream. That's an easy base for any specialty white sauce.

Hey, that's pretty good. Do you put any cheese in it? Any olive oil? spices?

I was trying out a recipe the other day, that calls for "soft cheese" without specify what type.
The first time I did it, the sauce was very runny like milk. Second time, I put too much cheese I guess, the sauce turns out to be a block of melted cheese.....
What type of cheese would you use for that? I used Jack both times.

Jul 12, 2001
Originally posted by: SpongeBob
Biomedical Engineer.

Well, at least I will be when i graduate in december. :)

got another Biomedical Engineer here...1 more year left in studying for my masters

Beau

Lifer
Jun 25, 2001
www.beauscott.com
Originally posted by: Shelly21

Hey, that's pretty good. Do you put any cheese in it? Any olive oil? spices?

I was trying out a recipe the other day, that calls for "soft cheese" without specify what type.
The first time I did it, the sauce was very runny like milk. Second time, I put too much cheese I guess, the sauce turns out to be a block of melted cheese.....
What type of cheese would you use for that? I used Jack both times.

Personally I love parmesan and gouda.

Here's a nice quick and easy (and cheap) recipe to try:

Ingredients:
10 oz Penne Pasta or Bowtie Pasta, cooked al'dente.
1/2 Cup sauterne cooking wine
3 tbsp butter
3 tbsp (aprox 6 cloves) fresh garlic, pressed
6-8 oz. Boneless chicken breasts, sliceded into 1/2" strips (no longer than 2" though)
8 oz mushrooms, sliced
8 oz sun dried tomatoes
1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
1/4 cup grated parmesean (not from the shakers, though)

In a large saute pan, add the wine, butter, garlic and chicken. Cook over medium high heat untill the chicken is white all the way through. Add the mushrooms and sun dried tomatoes and let saute for 5 minutes (if wine level gets too low, add some more, just guesstimate it :)). Add the whipping cream and allow to come to a full boil. Add the cheese, stirring constantly to avoid clumping, and let it thicken for 3-5 minutes. You don't want the sauce to be too thick, but not watery either. Maybe a chowder consistancy. Add the noodles to the sauces and stir it :) Viola... Pasta Milano Ala Beau!

DeschutesCore

Jul 20, 2002
I am a systems builder / integrator for two companies. I also develop shareware / tutorial applications in my spare time using Borland Delphi.

DC

tm37

Lifer
Jan 24, 2001
I work on audiology and Breath Alcohol Equiptment.

Also I do a little computer repair on the side.

SgtBuddy

Jun 2, 2001
<--- Air Force Network Engineer, Jack of all Trades aka Tech Controller
<--- Sitting in a tent, 38 miles from Iraq, posting to AToT during my free time.
<--- Normally sits at Tyndall AFB, Fla managing a 7000+ node network.
<--- Hates to run and thinks "If I am running anywhere, there is something terribly wrong"
<--- Thinks all this Italian food talk makes the food here seem...icky...and you should say nice things about runny eggs and such

N8Magic

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000
<--- Telecom Network Engineer
<--- plays golf and tennis in the summer, ski in the winter
<--- spends too much time on the internet :p

kami

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
I'm not excellent at anything, merely good at a whole long list of things. it's thoroughly annoying :| I can do almost ANYTHING "fine" or "good" but I can't truly excel at anything...at least I haven't found it yet.

Cyberian

Diamond Member
Jun 17, 2000
Originally posted by: SgtBuddy
<--- Sitting in a tent, 38 miles from Iraq, posting to AToT during my free time.
<--- Hates to run and thinks "If I am running anywhere, there is something terribly wrong"
<--- Thinks all this Italian food talk makes the food here seem...icky...and you should say nice things about runny eggs and such
How does "Creamed, chipped beef on toast" sound?

UltraQuiet

Banned
Sep 22, 2001
Originally posted by: Cyberian
Originally posted by: SgtBuddy
How does "Creamed, chipped beef on toast" sound?

Sounds like sh!t on a shingle no matter how you spell it. Serve that on a submarine and you'll get your ass whipped.

BTW my specialty is free-lance gynecology.

Squisher

Lifer
Aug 17, 2000
Well, I would have said I'm a damn good Die Repairman, but after my day at work today we'll leave the damn good out.

I felt like the plate spinner on Ed Sullivan only I lost a couple today. Tomarrow's another day.

JC

Diamond Member
Feb 1, 2000
- Cars (former mechanic, current street rodder)
- I would say I'm a pretty good computer doc, but recently I've had an inexplicable run of bad mobos and/or PSUs :|

JC