HELLDIVERS 2

Fenixgoon

Lifer
Jun 30, 2003
how does it compare to helldivers1? i really loved the twin-stick shooter style. being 3rd person is such a departure, i'm not sold on the idea. if they have a demo i'd give it a try.

Makaveli

Diamond Member
Feb 8, 2002
I never played the first game so this is my intro to the series.

sze5003

Lifer
Aug 18, 2012
Would this game be ok to play with randoms? I never played the first one.

I try to stay away from multiplayer games because most of my friends are having kids now so either none of them have decent PC's or are into the latest games coming out.

Makaveli

Diamond Member
Feb 8, 2002
Would this game be ok to play with randoms? I never played the first one.

I try to stay away from multiplayer games because most of my friends are having kids now so either none of them have decent PC's or are into the latest games coming out.
I mostly played with randoms and only 1 friend has the game so far and its been good.

Reactions: sze5003

Ajay

Lifer
Jan 8, 2001
Nice visuals and atmospherics. Too bad I'm booked up with Tribes3:Rivals right now (and, if it gets a bit better, the next two years XD).

Reactions: Makaveli

sze5003

Lifer
Aug 18, 2012
Tried to play last night but kept getting server request failed -1 for over 20 minutes. If I can't get in at all later I may refund it because that apparently counts as time played according to steam.

GodisanAtheist

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 2006
A shame the change in perspective killed couch co-op. It's where HD1 got the most play in our house.

sze5003

Lifer
Aug 18, 2012
Game is a lot of fun even with randoms. I just wish more people would communicate because sometimes I get into a game and some people just collect samples and leave, etc.

When the servers work, it's a great game to enjoy..but lately quick join seems to be broken and works like 2/10 times. I also have no idea how to search for open sessions so I could join instead of just spamming "R" for quick join.

Fenixgoon

Lifer
Jun 30, 2003
my friends convinced me to pick it up. can confirm it's just as fun as HD1. loss of couch co-op is a shame though.

Stg-Flame

Diamond Member
Mar 10, 2007
You guys gotta stop giving it so much praise. I'm trying to hold off buying this until at least the fall sales, especially since I'm still playing other games.

I was honestly hoping for it to be pretty lackluster, but everything I've read about it across the internet has been stellar praise.

GodisanAtheist

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 2006
You guys gotta stop giving it so much praise. I'm trying to hold off buying this until at least the fall sales, especially since I'm still playing other games.

I was honestly hoping for it to be pretty lackluster, but everything I've read about it across the internet has been stellar praise.

-HD1 went below a lot of people's radar thanks to being a small PS store exclusive for a long time without much publicity, so if HD2 is just HD1 with an over the shoulder camera and polished graphics I can 100% understand the hype around it.

sze5003

Lifer
Aug 18, 2012
I haven't been able to get into a match since Friday night. Their servers are capped at 450k players and every time I tried to play I spent a long time waiting with a server full message.

It also didn't help that they offered double XP weekend as a result of the previous issues with matchmaking in quick play. Don't think that was a good idea when they knew they have server capacity issues.

It is fun though and I've been trying to get a close friend to buy it so we can play it together. Even with randoms it's fine to play since at least the matches I have been in, people actually go for the objectives.

Roger Wilco

Diamond Member
Mar 20, 2017
I just bought the game on PS5.

Hopefully I can connect to a server tonight. If not, I’ll probably just request a refund and buy it when the dust has settled a bit.

Makaveli

Diamond Member
Feb 8, 2002
I just bought the game on PS5.

Hopefully I can connect to a server tonight. If not, I’ll probably just request a refund and buy it when the dust has settled a bit.
Not sure about PS5.

But on steam if you have a friend in game and they send you an invite that allows you to by pass the queue and get in faster.

if not I just sit and wait at the retry screen and usually get in after 10-15 mins.

I have put in about 70 hours into the game on steam currently.

Reactions: Roger Wilco

Roger Wilco

Diamond Member
Mar 20, 2017
Not sure about PS5.

But on steam if you have a friend in game and they send you an invite that allows you to by pass the queue and get in faster.

if not I just sit and wait at the retry screen and usually get in after 10-15 mins.

I have put in about 70 hours into the game on steam currently.

I was able to connect after about 15 minutes. The game is a lot of fun. I like it more than GoW horde mode.

sze5003

Lifer
Aug 18, 2012
I'll try again after work today but I'll probably be busy also playing Pacific drive. I only was able to play a couple hours once it launched.

Funny that suicide squad got a lot of crap for being a live service game but at least that I could do solo. I understand more people were pissed there was not another Batman style type of game...but to me it's still fun. This game has something very fun and unique but that doesn't really mean anything if I can't login in a week.

Here is hoping the AFK kick helps because I was on their discord and people in there were saying how they would stay logged in for days for fear that they couldn't get back in due to server capacity.

Makaveli

Diamond Member
Feb 8, 2002
Here is hoping the AFK kick helps because I was on their discord and people in there were saying how they would stay logged in for days for fear that they couldn't get back in due to server capacity.

this will address that.

There were people playing on PS5 that would connect sleep their console then go to work for 8 hours and come home and play.

1708616785614.png

Stg-Flame

Diamond Member
Mar 10, 2007
Ok, so I see everyone talking about queue times but I always played Helldivers as couch co-op or single player. Are those options not available anymore? If they are, how's the single player?

Fenixgoon

Lifer
Jun 30, 2003
Ok, so I see everyone talking about queue times but I always played Helldivers as couch co-op or single player. Are those options not available anymore? If they are, how's the single player?
It's third person now instead of overhead twin stick shooter style

Makaveli

Diamond Member
Feb 8, 2002
I would suggest watching some twitch streams of people playing the game.

RnR_au

Golden Member
Jun 6, 2021
Just bought it and had some fun with friends. Unfortunately I can't claim new guns from the Requisitions area. Buggy stuff unfortunately.

Reactions: Roger Wilco