HELL WEEK IS OVER!

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000
So this is how the week went down:

Monday - up till 4:30AM finishing a paper with my team for our strategy class. If you thought writing papers was bad, wait till you try writing one BY COMMITTEE!!!
[paper = 25% of grade]

Tuesday - up at 9AM, class till 12:40, meeting to discuss MBA conference in LA in September, then 2:00 PM presentation of paper and findings to strategy professor in his office. This guy is a real hardass and he raped us. At one point he's like "so we've spent 28 minutes and you haven't told me anything!"
[presentation = 15% of grade]

After that, I get to work on my brand management and market research projects until midnite!!! YAY!!!

Wednesday - Interview with local high tech entrepreneurial council for possible summer internship. Went bad because I did not have enough sleep methinks...slow in answering some questions. Then more work on brand mgmt and market research until 11pm

Thursday - Last day of classes. Class until 11:15am, then prep for interview in Fairport, interview with company selling solid-state and flow controllers etc. went well, then final touches on presentations for brand mgmt. and market research. Market research presentation at 7:50pm, followed by brand management presentation in front of P&G senior executive at 8:45pm. Hellish! But it was all over by 10pm. Then I went to school-sponsored flip cup tournament where all the alcohol (pitchers of beer and mixed drinks) FREE!!! Got blasted, nearly passed out due to no sleep, then got dropped off.
[market research project/presentation/paper = 30% of grade]
[brand management project = 100% of grade!!!]

Then I sobered up in front of the telly watching LOST season finale. Missed a lot of TV this week--still have '24' to catch up on!

austin316

Diamond Member
Dec 1, 2001
congrats man. tough weeks in college are some of the most misreable experiences of my life. but turning in that last paper and knowing you did pretty well on it. That is one of the best feelings in the world.

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000
Originally posted by: austin316
congrats man. tough weeks in college are some of the most misreable experiences of my life. but turning in that last paper and knowing you did pretty well on it. That is one of the best feelings in the world.
true dat.

Another good feeling is knowing that next quarter (Fall) I only have one class a day Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and then I have 4-day weekends! PWNAGE!

Yossarian

Lifer
Dec 26, 2000
my week was the opposite of yours ;) tuesday flew a cessna to oakland, went to the fisherman's wharf area of SF for the afternoon, and went to the Giants/Dodgers game. yesterday I flew over the Golden Gate bridge and Alcratraz on the way to Harris Ranch for a steak, then flew home. today I slept late and went flying in the clouds with my instructor in the afternoon, then I spent some quality time with my computer playing the new Thief 2 expansion. pretty good week so far! ;)