Hell has frozen over, a sequel to dreamfall/TLJ is kickstarting

motsm

Golden Member
Jan 20, 2010
Never could get into the original, then the sequel seemed too anxious to jump the shark at any moment, so never got into that either. So while I hope this succeeds, I have no interest in backing it.

Great to see adventure games getting made again though, even if it's just indie stuff.

dighn

Lifer
Aug 12, 2001
about frigging time. this is likely the first kickstarter that I'll pledge to.

zebrax2

Nov 18, 2007
Played the second one before and i really liked it. Maybe i should look into playing the first one.

Bonesdad

Platinum Member
Nov 18, 2002
Hope they succeed. Been waiting a loooong time for this one. Great characters, great locations, great story and voice acting. Hope they spend more time on April Ryan in this chapter. I'm in...

runzwithsizorz

Diamond Member
Jan 24, 2002
Played both Dreamfall and Longest Journey. Great games. Just hope this sequel lives up to the previous games. And hope it gets made! A definite will buy.

Wife of Runz

dighn

Lifer
Aug 12, 2001
pledged $50. I don't like to pay for a game almost 2 years in advance without knowing how good the game will be and how much I'll want to play it then, but the lack of a sequel for this game is the one of the greatest annoyances I've had with PC gaming and I just want them to fix it.

Bonesdad

Platinum Member
Nov 18, 2002
Almost there already. They better start planning their stretch goals.

I'm really glad to see this. Dreamfall was released so long ago, I really didn't hold much hope for ever seeing chapters. This says a lot for this game and a staunch fanbase.

JoetheLion

Nov 8, 2012
TLJ was one of the best adventure games I've ever played (and yeah I've played old Sierra and LucasArts adventures, though some pieces from Legend still evade me), Dreamfall was good, although it was a bit of postman simulator (running from point A to point B, then back to A, then to C, then to B and to A...), but the story and dialogues were really interesting so I am really glad and looking forward to this. To tell the truth I was worried that there will never be another sequel and with Dreamfall ending with so many cliffhangers, I hope that it will do some justice to the story and its integrity. Anyway I will have to play Dreamfall again, I've forgotten many details which is kind of weird, because I've played TLJ way before Dreamfall and I remember it well, maybe it's one of its superior qualities, I dunno.

zebrax2

Nov 18, 2007
The first video is up and it looks like they are keeping the dreamfall way of interacting with things. I am eagerly waiting for the stretched goals as well

Chiefcrowe

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2008
Love that this is happening and looking forward to checking it out at some point!

TechAZ

Golden Member
Sep 8, 2007
While I hope this game is a great one for those who are looking forward to it, I have a problem with this being able to be funded by kickstarter.

Ragnar Tornquist is actively working as creative director for The Secret World at Funcom and also has his own development studio Red Thread Games. This just seems like an abuse of Kickstarter to me.

I hope it turns out to be a great game for you that are looking forward to it, I just hope that Kickstarter doesn't turn into a money generating avenue for big companies to spawn "Independent" studios to get funding instead of funding games through their own revenue.

coloumb

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
In for $25 as well... will be awesome to see if they can hit the 2 million.

dighn

Lifer
Aug 12, 2001
While I hope this game is a great one for those who are looking forward to it, I have a problem with this being able to be funded by kickstarter.

Ragnar Tornquist is actively working as creative director for The Secret World at Funcom and also has his own development studio Red Thread Games. This just seems like an abuse of Kickstarter to me.

I hope it turns out to be a great game for you that are looking forward to it, I just hope that Kickstarter doesn't turn into a money generating avenue for big companies to spawn "Independent" studios to get funding instead of funding games through their own revenue.

I know what you mean, but the adventure genre is such a niche market these days that I imagine it's difficult to get funding through typical channels. Also you aren't just giving money away to these guys; you do get a product in the end. Depending on the pledge amount you could be paying a lot less than the price of the game.

dighn

Lifer
Aug 12, 2001
so this actually turned out to be one of the most funded games on kickstarter. pretty cool :thumbsup: